New Muppet Caper Movie 2013 Official Thread

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm not too sure I kinda like the sound of tom hanks playing walt disney :smile:
but as you were saying, yes screw it muppets all the way! rainbow connection!
I am very excited for that movie! That movie is going to be amazing.
They were shooting the movie in Disneyland a few weeks ago, they made the place look "retro style" and how the park would have looked near opening day.
Walt Disney returned to Disneyland for the first time a few weeks ago.

If anyones wondering, the movie is about Walt while he was buying the rights and making the movie to Mary Poppins. It stars Tom Hanks as Walt Disney, and Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers, the author of MP.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Is this going to be a remake of Caper or a equal? Either way I'm a little frightened.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Hopefully it's not a remake. I don't think it is. That would SUCK if it was.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
People really, really, need to stop jumping to conclusions about this film when it hasn't even been made yet. James and Nicholas said while its a "Caper" type film it will still be different in the style of writing that they like to do. You don't even know the storyline and your already assuming the worse. Makes no sense to me.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I really never thought about that until mupcollector1 brought it up. I just can't wait until it comes out. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
You know what's strange? I remember hearing awhile back that Frank Oz was going to write the new Muppet movie. I remember watching a video of him and they asked him about it and he said "I'd do it if they asked me." Anyone ever seen this? I think this was around the time he was at a sci-fi awards show. I wonder if he'd direct that "Cheapest Muppet Movie EVER" script that he, Jerry Juhl and Jim Henson wrote back in the 1980s. The one that comes back into meetings then gets put aside, then gets brought up again. lol I'd just love to see it made using the original script if possible, no re-writes. Sounds hilarious. Gonzo directs a Muppet Movie and goes too over budget for the begaining and through out the movie, the budget gets smaller and smaller until everything is made of paper or something like that. lol To me that kind of brings back that wacky zanny Muppet Show like humor. :smile: When something crazy goes wrong. lol I think Jim was going to do something similar for Disney World "The Great Muppet Movie Ride" , though I think there's a ride at the Warner Bros Theme Park in Australia that features Gremlins (from the movie of the same name) which is hosted by Alf, it seems kind of similar. It's probably just coincidence I'm sure. lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It would be nice if they dedicated the next movie to Jerry Nelson.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I would bet they would have some dedication to Jerry in there.... I was watching Ninja Turtle 2 and for got that it was deicated in memory of Jim so if a cheesy Ninja Turtle movie (Okay the creature shop turtles were cool but I still prefer the first movie) can be dedicated to Jim I bet a Muppet movie can be dedicated to Jerry

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I just know the scene from the last film when Kermit is walking through the theater after having not been there in years and you hear Jim's voice introducing Bob Hope along with Jerry's "Pigs in Space" just really get's me emotional now when I watch that. Anyways...don't mean to get this thread off topic.