Recasts for Fraggle Rock movie

grovelwood528

Reaction score
this is how i think it will be cast and this is going by performers who have already replaced other muppet/sesame characters:

red-karen prell
mokey- kathy mullen

stephanie d'abruzio or leslie rudolph i feel could perform either mokey or red

boober/traveling matt-dave goelz
wembly/sprocket-steve whitmire

gobo-matt vogel or peter linz

junior gorg- david rudman or kevin clash
pa gorg-matt vogel
ma gorg-cheryl wagner, leslie, or stephanie, or maybe a celebrity voice
madame trash heap-either rudman, clash, or vogel

cantus/convincing john- either steve whitmire, bill baretta, or maybe brian henson as a tribute to his dad
(cantus is one of my favorite characters btw)

and doc should be played by like an older actor such as wilfred brimley, clint eastwood, mickey rooney, dick van dyke, john voight

theSHE124

Reaction score
A friend of mine told me that I have the potential to sound like Red! Weird, huh? :excited:
Anyway, that same friend told me he can sound close to Scooter. :wink: Hey guys, can you sound like any characters from Fraggle Rock?

jgidley

Reaction score
this is how i think it will be cast and this is going by performers who have already replaced other muppet/sesame characters:

red-karen prell
mokey- kathy mullen

stephanie d'abruzio or leslie rudolph i feel could perform either mokey or red
Karen Prell already said she'd perform Red; nothing from Kathy Mullen about Mokey though:dreamy::excited:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Anastasia just annoys me with its blatant disregard for historical accuracy, lol.

Thanks, exactly. So I guess we should be thankful he even got that brief window of a chance so we could have these films today.
Do you dislike Pocahontas too?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Do you dislike Pocahontas too?
Well Pocahontas was just too pretentious for me. You can have an environmental message without throwing it in people's faces. Plus the whole "princess wanting more" thing was getting old at that time. Even as a kid I thought "Again??" Lol

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well Pocahontas was just too pretentious for me. You can have an environmental message without throwing it in people's faces. Plus the whole "princess wanting more" thing was getting old at that time. Even as a kid I thought "Again??" Lol
The Nostalgia Critic made fun of that saying "You'er already royalty! What more do you want?"

Princeton

Reaction score
Well, technically Belle wasn't a princess for ost of her moie. But I find the "Belle (Reprise)" very relatable because I've lived in a podunk little town my whole life and there's nothing I wouldn't give to to have at least a little adventure. So that just leaves Ariel (if we're starting with the Disney Renesaince) and realistically it must suck to be a mermaid. Yes, "Part of Your World" is an overrated Disney song and I'm getting tired of hearing it at auditions, but it sums up the realism of Ariel's situation perfectly. So, Pocahontas's 'problem' is that Kocuum is 'too serious'. Well, Poke, HE'S A FREAKIN' WARRIOR!!! What do you want him to do, tap dance and sing "Must Be Chicken Tonight"?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well, technically Belle wasn't a princess for ost of her moie. But I find the "Belle (Reprise)" very relatable because I've lived in a podunk little town my whole life and there's nothing I wouldn't give to to have at least a little adventure. So that just leaves Ariel (if we're starting with the Disney Renesaince) and realistically it must suck to be a mermaid. Yes, "Part of Your World" is an overrated Disney song and I'm getting tired of hearing it at auditions, but it sums up the realism of Ariel's situation perfectly. So, Pocahontas's 'problem' is that Kocuum is 'too serious'. Well, Poke, HE'S A FREAKIN' WARRIOR!!! What do you want him to do, tap dance and sing "Must Be Chicken Tonight"?
True! But compare his reaction to being home to everyone elses. They're all hugging the little kids, and their wives. Kocoumm has a big group of little fans, and he's just standing there thinking "Hmmm....whatever."

Princeton

Reaction score
True! But compare his reaction to being home to everyone elses. They're all hugging the little kids, and their wives. Kocoumm has a big group of little fans, and he's just standing there thinking "Hmmm....whatever."
That's a good point, but remember, Kocoumm is the top warrior in the tribe: a snooty attitude comes with the territory.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
That's a good point, but remember, Kocoumm is the top warrior in the tribe: a snooty attitude comes with the territory.
As long as he doesn't say "No one's slick like Kocoumm" I'm happy.