Interesting Fraggle Lyrics

PanthraDion

Reaction score
In "Catch the Tail by the Tiger", Gobo sings "...and death and taxes and all." and "...a bird in need is a friend indeed," One, how are Fraggles supposed to know about taxes, and two, "...a bird in need is a friend indeed,"? What is that supposed to mean?

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
"...a bird in need is a friend indeed,"? What is that supposed to mean?
I have ALWAYS wondered that. I mean I get "A friend in need is a friend indeed," but they didn't really switch up that proverb in the same style as the rest of the song. They just stuck "bird" in there. (Which, as discussed above, is ANOTHER thing Fraggles of which don't have consistent knowledge :stick_out_tongue:)

Slackbot

Reaction score
"...a bird in need is a friend indeed,"? What is that supposed to mean?
Gobo is scrambling up various proverbs in that song, and in this case crossed "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" and "a friend in need is a friend indeed."

Hubert

Reaction score
Gobo is scrambling up various proverbs in that song, and in this case crossed "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" and "a friend in need is a friend indeed."
Which, again, proves to be another thing I love about Fraggle lyrics, they just throw out every existing lyrical rule and blur together sayings and biblical quotes and expressions and grammatical usage... :big_grin:

Hubert

Reaction score
Fraggles aren't poets. They just sing what's on their mind. Which is good!
It is. Though in a sense, it takes a good poet to blur all kinds of riddling together...

...they are poets and they don't know it! :stick_out_tongue:

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Oh man, we've well established the fact that Fraggles don't know what they're singin' about, but I think the first one I ever noticed was...

"AND BRING BACK PINK ICE CREAM!" - :smirk:

I seriously rewound that about eight times, like, "What??"

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Oh man, we've well established the fact that Fraggles don't know what they're singin' about, but I think the first one I ever noticed was...

"AND BRING BACK PINK ICE CREAM!" - :smirk:

I seriously rewound that about eight times, like, "What??"
They'll do anything for a rhyme, I suppose.
Trust me, I was just as confused as you were, the first time around I didn't even know what he was saying. Pig ice cream?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I thought about that at times too, about Fraggles mentioning stuff that they shouldn't normally know about. I'm guessing people weren't expecting others to be looking that deep into the songs. Personally I think doing that kinda takes the fun out of it.

I finally looked up the lyrics to the Voodoo spell song from "Mokey then and Now." I finally found the right lyrics to this line "They are not afraid to promenade. They've got it made".
For some reason I had always heard it as
"They are not afraid to promenade digonically"
And I always wondered what "digonically" meant.