1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Interesting Fraggle Lyrics

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Plaid Fraggle, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

But in The Fraggles Look For Jobs, it seems to imply that they are just actors.
  2. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Red-See the little silly dimpled daughters as they flirt with dirty otters!
    Gonzo's Hobbit and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I love the "flirt with dirty otters" line, as you can get so many different meanings out of that. :laugh:
  4. Dominicboo1

Yes! Look closely at Mokey's face! It seems to be thinking. "There are children watching Red! Let's try to keep this G rated if we want to keep our jobs!"
    MuppetsFan4Life and PanthraDion like this.
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yep... :p

Of all the Fraggles, for some reason I think Red really was the most likely person to do that, despite the fact that she probably doesn't even know what an otter is...
  6. Dominicboo1

True, but remember she forgot Mokey's lyrics to the song! It probably wasn't intentional. I love her. I'm not sure if she's my favorite Fraggle.Now outside the Fraggle five I think Marlon's the most likely to say it.
  7. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I get that response every time I tell someone about that song

I give props to whoever it was that came up with those lyrics. That song's complex enough as it is, let alone finding other lyrics that sorta kinda sound like it but don't make a lick of sense...in context
  8. Dominicboo1

You'd have to have seen the episode to fully understand the song I think.
  9. Gonzo's Hobbit

Oh totally. I think that's how it is with like half the songs if not more.
  10. Dominicboo1

Yeah definently Ragtime Queen. The song would sound totally weird out of context.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  11. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

That's part of the reason I love it so much :flirt: And I just think that Mokey singing to a sacrificial(!) doll of herself is so quirky and cute. Why is Fraggle Rock so awesome??
  12. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

The song "Ball of Fire" I found this stanzza pretty interesting:

You could be a cowboy. You could be a creep.
    You could be the king of all the good things in your sleep.
    (I could?)
    You could be the person that you most admire.
    (Wow!)
    You could be a walkin', talkin', breathin' ball of fire.
    (I could be a walkin', talkin, breathin' ball of fire?)
    Yeah! You could be a walkin', talkin', breathin' ball of fire.
    When I heard the word "cowboy," I was like "Huh?"
    Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit

Yea actually, the whole reason I started watching Fraggle Rock was because the fraggles reminded me of hobbits. Marlong was definately a Gollum-esqu character.
    Although I will say that I like hearing him sing in Time to Live as One. He strikes me as being more lonely than creepy in that song.
  14. Dominicboo1

Really? That's interesting! I think the reason I thought that was the lucky pebble reminds me of the "Precious".
  15. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! The "My precious!" quote from Gollum. Then, why do I think that Marlon would make a great Gollum that was once a Fraggle and then a worthless silly creature from "Outer Space."

So, Gollum had a lucky powerful ring. Yipes!
  16. Dominicboo1

That would be awesome!