Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the flipside...

anyone catch that "protest" against General Mills for supporting Gay rights? The one where that schlubby quintessentially Midwestern stereotype of a guy burns a bowl of cereal with a blowtorch?

GAW!

I mean, not only are the cops hunting him down for something tantamount to arson (or possibly at least public drunkenness, I can't imagine he was sober at the time), but his actions are those of a 12 year old MTV JackXXX fan who'd mommy just happens to have a camera. Especially his "let's get out of here" moment. Not to mention his 12 word vocabulary. I thank this guy GREATLY! It just goes to show you the intelligence, class, and overall maturity the anti-gay bully movement has.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I went to Schnipper's the other day (sort of a lunchtime place). On their blackboard it said for anyone who buys a "Chicken Filet" sandwich they'll donate a dollar to a same sex marriage foundation, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, we are deeply sorry for the actions and statements made by MJTaylor in this forum. Which is exactly why I left this thread alone, opting not to dive into it until now due to posts within its pages being reported as violating MC's guidelines.

Unfortunately, I cannot suspend the offending member, only ban them. And I'm not sure I can even carry out such actions as that particular member may no longer have a "Spam Cleaner" button attached to their profile nor a "Spam" link at the footer of their posts.
Please contact the forum administrator if this behavior continues. Thank you and we regret this has taken place here.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
In the last several days:
  • California has passed a bill to ban gay conversion therapy that will be signed into law once it hits the Governor’s desk. This is in response to young people who have been physically and emotionally abused by this dangerous and ineffective practice since it began decades ago.
  • New Zealand lawmakers overwhelmingly cast a first vote in favor of a gay marriage bill that is likely to pass. This would make it the 12th country since 2001 to recognize same-sex marriage.
  • Major animated release “Paranorman” gives a specific nod to LGBT tolerance.
What a great week! The Jim Henson Company seems to have a lot of company these days!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hello, we are deeply sorry for the actions and statements made by MJTaylor in this forum. Which is exactly why I left this thread alone, opting not to dive into it until now due to posts within its pages being reported as violating MC's guidelines.
I...uh...missed something?

• Major animated release “Paranorman” gives a specific nod to LGBT tolerance.
(Facepalm).... Yeah. It was his sled and Norman Bates' mother was dead all along.

SPOILERS people. :halo: Thankfully I saw it, and I wouldn't so much say it's a nod so much as a GREAT gag payoff.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I...uh...missed something?

(Facepalm).... Yeah. It was his sled and Norman Bates' mother was dead all along.

SPOILERS people. :halo: Thankfully I saw it, and I wouldn't so much say it's a nod so much as a GREAT gag payoff.
Yeah, not to dredge up the past, but the offending member went beyond stating his point of view. He used sexually explicit and derogatory language in an effort to taunt me and all LGBT people. He also spread false homophobic rhetoric and did all of this out of a misguided "Christian" duty. Basically, he was behaving like a bully. I'm glad to have seen Paranorman last night. Good timing!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, not to dredge up the past, but the offending member went beyond stating his point of view. He used sexually explicit and derogatory language in an effort to taunt me and all LGBT people. He also spread false homophobic rhetoric and did all of this out of a misguided "Christian" duty.
:rolleyes:

I'm only going to dignify that with a...