Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny - Worst Movie Ever?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I've never seen Manos: Hands of Fate, but it can't be anywhere worse than this piece of trash. The Santa Claus bits in the film are just pure laziness. Barry Mahon's "Thumbelina" segment is just a snore-fest. It's obvious that the Santa bits were added onto Mahon's "Thumbelina" in order to pad the film out. And boy, did they pad it! The two stories are very poorly tied together. Though I have heard that some versions of SATICB actually featured Barry Mahon's "Jack and Beanstalk" in place of "Thumbelina". I just can't think of anything nice to say about this movie.

Any thoughts? Any particular scenes that you just love to hate?

For me, the whole concept of Santa not being able to leave because his sleigh is caught in an inch of sand is dumb enough. Why doesn't Santa oh I don't know, go to town for some help? Why does he thinks that using other animals (including a clearly unhappy wild pig) to pull the sleigh will work? Where are the kids getting these animals? Why is the guy in the gorilla suit the first to try? Shouldn't that be the punchline? And I love how poorly they tried to throw a message into the story. "Remember children, you've got to have faith!". All of this leads to one answer: laziness. Clearly nobody working on this film gave a darn.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought everybody said Mike Myers's The Love Guru was the worst movie ever made?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's all a matter of opinion, I suppose. I haven't seen "The Love Guru" in years, but I remember hating it. When I saw it there were only two other people in the theater, and none of us laughed. Though I do remember one line that I thought was cute. "Thank you for calling Dell, this is Chip".

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought everybody said Mike Myers's The Love Guru was the worst movie ever made?
What about that OOg thing?

The Love Guru was Mike Myers trying and not being successful at making a Peter Sellers style movie about 30 years after it could have been funny. It really feels like it could have been something, but just didn't achieve it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
A few other bits on SATICB. During one Saturday Matinee screening, kids actually walked out on the film. Not suprising. The film was also apparently screened at Pirates World.

The question remains, what the heck is an Ice Cream Bunny? I assume it was some sort of Pirates World mascot.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
SATICB...sounds like an intercontinental missile type!

I dunno if it can be called THE worst. Most plotless, maybe, and it's a contendah, but there are plenty of others unworthy enough of the award. See ref's made in other threads to "Red Zone Cuba" and anything by the same director!

"Love Guru" was, worst of all, a ripoff of a genuinely funny Bollywood film with the same theme whose title I can't recall, though I've seen it (the original -- I long ago turned my back on Mike Myers). Right up there with "City of Love" as a ripoff of "Wings of Desire." Why Hollywood thinks stealing foreign film plots and reworking them with cut-rate actors is a GOOD idea is still beyond me, as they always fail.
---------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
-

"Love Guru" was, worst of all, a ripoff of a genuinely funny Bollywood film with the same theme whose title I can't recall, though I've seen it (the original -- I long ago turned my back on Mike Myers).
2 Things...

Really? I could have sworn it was trying to make a 1960's movie that would have been relevant in the 1960's or at least sometime in the 90's when 1960's stuff was sort of relevant that made no sense any way in the mid 00's when 1980's stuff was coming back. Or at the very least, Myers wanting another Austin Powers-like franchise.

Secondly... You're right about the Americans stealing movies from other countries. hey, it's not like Bollywood ever tried to....

Oh that's right! I remember! They steal our crap all the time!

And they're not even the only ones... Korea does it too.

Even managed to illegally sample the song "Fly like an Eagle" for it's sound effects too.

They managed to take an old version of one of their own cartoons and turn it into Batman... or rather, from the coloring of the character, Bananaman.

And this one just scares me...

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I own Rifftrax' version of "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny" on DVD. I couldn't get through the film without Mike, Kevin, and Bill tearing it to pieces. Bill's demoniac laugh for the Ice Cream Bunny was both chilling and hilarious-

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Manos: The Hands of Fate is much worse than this. And yet, it's not as bad as some of the truly worst movies ever featured on MST3k. My hands-down worst is and always will be The Lost Continent.
Two words: Rock Climbing.
Two more words: F'ing halfhour!

Also, I don't recall which specific movie it was done, but during the credit crawl while the gang's still in the theater, Joel and the bots go on a long list of all the movies they've watched to find which one Servo thinks was worse than the one they just watched. Of course, he says no movie was worse than this one they just watched. Except for Castle of Fu Man Chu, he grants that one was just as bad, earning top worst honors.

*Still cannot conceive people from Nashville actually trying to film a Manos 2.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, the rifftrax really helps. Though I was kind of disapointed that the rifftrax is missing a couple of musical numbers. Not that I would want to see these musical numbers. Rather, I want to see the guys rip them to shreds.