Words You Overuse

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hear "legit" tossed around by people a lot. it drives me bonkers.
If we're going to talk about words that drive us bonkers, then I'd add "preggers" to that list as well... THANKFULLY, nobody seems to say that hardly anymore, but I couldn't stand it when people said it all the time... but then again, I wasn't fond of that period of time where everybody had to abbreviate every word associated with romance to try to make it sound even more mushy and sickening ("Preggers", "Hubby", "Wifey", etc). In fact, "preggers" sounds more like a name for a snack food.
Yeah. All the girls at my school ALWAYS say legit. Like we don't believe what they're saying. "I just saw a squirrel in the dumpster. Like, legit." :rolleyes:
Schoolgirls are ALWAYS like that... it's just the way they are. You can't live with it, you can't live without it. There's something irresistibleish about it.

Hubert

Reaction score
I also find that I use "literally" quite too often when it isn't necessary...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that literally everybody in the entire world literally hates it when literally everyone else literally uses the word "literally" like literally every other sentence.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Like, you know, I like, tend to, like, use the word "like," like, a lot. :stick_out_tongue:

Yeah...I admit that. Not to the same extremes as some people, but...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well duh, you're a girl (half the time), girls ALWAYS talk like that like.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
CCC might beg to differ on "half the time"

You know what, dude? "Dude" is another word I overuse :stick_out_tongue:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I use awesome a LOT. I mean, it's an awesome word, right. I reference that in my YouTube videos. My puppet Casey the Muppet always uses the phrase, "Super Awesome!!" It's sort of a running gag.

Hubert

Reaction score
CCC might beg to differ on "half the time"

You know what, dude? "Dude" is another word I overuse :stick_out_tongue:
Y'know, "dude" is actually a word that I never, ever use. It just never seemed to make it to my vocabulary.

"Guys," on the other hand, is a word I use constantly. I mean, basically anytime I'm referring to 2 or more people, "guys" is somewhere in the sentence. Probably more in real life than online, though, which is weird.

I use awesome a LOT. I mean, it's an awesome word, right. I reference that in my YouTube videos. My puppet Casey the Muppet always uses the phrase, "Super Awesome!!" It's sort of a running gag.
On the subject of "awesome," I used to always say that I never, ever, use it due to the fact that the meaning of "awesome" was destroyed. "Awesome" used to be saved for something really special and unique, putting you in awe, but it has turned into an adjective for anything good. But lately, however, I find myself gradually slipping the word "awesome" into my vocabulary unknowingly...so it's stuck there now.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I used to use "guys", but once I found out it's mostly used to refer to males, I started using "folks".

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
*to Hubert*

Yeah, I know what you are saying. That tends to happen with a lot of words. :/