Words You Overuse

Hubert

Reaction score
I used to use "guys", but once I found out it's mostly used to refer to males, I started using "folks".
That's a funny thing, like, for example, I use guys regardless of what gender I'm referring to, and no one really seems to have a problem with it. Some places throughout the US, though, that really seems to bug them. But for the most part, I don't think people mind if you use "guys" to refer to either gender.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm from Philly, so "You guys" is like one of my (and there I go with "like") most said phrases. Its sort of second nature for someone from philly to say "you guys" when talking to more than one person :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I understand people up in New York used "Y'know" a lot almost as much as stereotypical Canadians end their sentences with, "Eh?".

And you know what I just recently learned? Apparently "bling" is supposed to be out-dated and uncool now.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
When was "bling" ever cool? :stick_out_tongue: Seriously, thats one of those words that drives me up the wall when people use it. I'm glad you don't hear it anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, now that I think of it, I've noticed that a lot of today's internet lingo has actually seeped into my real-life vocabulary, such as "Epic", "Fail", "For the win", among others.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't like when I hear internet lingo in everyday conversation, because it seems really cliche and overplayed to me. Like my dad has recently found it hilarious to make Chuck Norris jokes, which just lead to me and my sister cringing and walking out of the room.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The only thing I started saying is "fail"

it sounds nicer than "You suck" XD

Hubert

Reaction score
It's one of my biggest annoyances when some uses "epic" or "fail". It drives me nuts.

And speaking of "Y'know," I've noticed that I'm constantly using that on this forum, where as I barely, if ever use it in real life.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Maybe I should start saying "Failure" the same way the announcer in Brawl does :stick_out_tongue:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I absolutely HATE IT when people talk all modern-ish (ex. dude, pwn, yay-uh, I'm not feeling it, that's just sad, that's sad, totally ___, etc.), not to mention I hate swearing, too. I'm the only person my age who doesn't swear.:smile:
I find it pretty depressing no one pays attention to the fundamentals of proper speech.
Not to mention I don't understand this newfangled "cool" talk (I sound like an old man).

I tend to use "rather"and "quite", and I rarely say "hi"... Instead, I tend to say "hello".
I just noticed. I tend to say "tend" quite a lot.
I also have a habit of talking annoyingly smart and formal, often using so-called "big words". I also tend to say "yah", rather than "yeah".

I love to say random things completely unrelated, so I guess this counts? (e.g, cheese, troll, quack, blah, cluck, etc.):insatiable: