Vote Muppets for ABC's "Best in TV" Barbara Walters Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayley B

Reaction score
For Theme song I wanted to vote more then one. Had a hardtime to deciding on The Addam's Family and Gilligan's Island. I ended up going with Gilligan's Island. Since it's a big song.

I would had added more to that catergory. Like Mister ED, Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres,The Muppet Show theme, Tiny Toons ( :embarrassed: ) , Sesame Street (but the very first style only).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The other thing I run into an issue with: can we really feel good about calling 9/11 the best TV moment? That category has almost a positive feeling, and 9/11 was the opposite of that.
I agree; I wouldn't have included 9/11 at all to be honest. It borders on bad taste and just because it was technically "on the news" doesn't make it a TV specific moment.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Most of these categories needed write-in options (then why include choices at all...).

Hubert

Reaction score
For Theme song I wanted to vote more then one. Had a hardtime to deciding on The Addam's Family and Gilligan's Island. I ended up going with Gilligan's Island. Since it's a big song.

I would had added more to that catergory. Like Mister ED, Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres,The Muppet Show theme, Tiny Toons ( :embarrassed: ) , Sesame Street (but the very first style only).
YES!!!! They should've added Green Acres...I'd have voted for that all the way.

*begins humming Green Acres theme song*

I agree; I wouldn't have included 9/11 at all to be honest. It borders on bad taste and just because it was technically "on the news" doesn't make it a TV specific moment.
For some reason I can just see now that if 9/11 wins people will start making mean comments about how America quit being patriotic and whatnot by voting for it...

Most of these categories needed write-in options (then why include choices at all...).
Yeah...I realized this: How would it be fair if for best comedy I vote for The Dick Van Dyke Show, putting that ahead of other comedys, yet since The Dick Van Dyke Show isn't on for Best TV show of all time, I'd have to vote for something else, which could be a comedy, meaning that I just said, "The Dick Van Dyke Show is the best comedy ever, but I Love Lucy is the best TV show ever."

Vincent L

Reaction score
I believe the category is "Most Memorable". I mean, who can forget 911?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I don't know why they would put Kermit, Miss Piggy, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster separate nominees and not as a big group.

That was tough for me since they did that.

Walter

Reaction score
I'd rather tell her that instead of telling her that you voted for Big Bird...at least she still might be happy for Kermit...
You're right! I didn't think about it like that.:smile::fanatic::mad:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I also wonder: What's so great about Obama's inauguation that deems it worthy of nominating for best TV moments? I never saw it, and don't remember seeing any previous presidential inauguation (well, I did see that special The Disney Channel did for Bill Clinton in 1993, but I don't know if that counts), but is it really better than any previous televised inauguation? Is it because he's our current president? I may be biased because I didn't vote for him, but is a presidential inauguation really a worthy candidate for "best TV moment"?

Hubert

Reaction score
I also wonder: What's so great about Obama's inauguation that deems it worthy of nominating for best TV moments? I never saw it, and don't remember seeing any previous presidential inauguation (well, I did see that special The Disney Channel did for Bill Clinton in 1993, but I don't know if that counts), but is it really better than any previous televised inauguation? Is it because he's our current president? I may be biased because I didn't vote for him, but is a presidential inauguation really a worthy candidate for "best TV moment"?
I don't know why, but for some reason I think that they are making fun of the fact that under their terms, he's been a terrible president...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Maybe it's because of Aretha Franklin's hat from the ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies.