1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Vote Muppets for ABC's "Best in TV" Barbara Walters Special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Hubert, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

ABC is running Best in TV Polls, where fans vote on categories such as the "Best TV Show of All Time." Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster are all nominated for "Best Non-Human Character." You can vote here. Hopefully one of those four will get the victory.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Already voted!!!
  3. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Hmmmm? Hard to pick just one of those choices for "non human character ". Thanks for letting us know.
  4. Pinkflower7783

I know! I wanted to pick all four but it wouldn't let me! So lame! :p
    Hayley B likes this.
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to vote yet because I can't get past the first question...the best TV show of all time.

How do they expect me to choose between my two favorite non-Muppet shows of all time, I Love Lucy and The Dick Van Dyke Show?
  6. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I've known about this poll for a few weeks - was disappointed that Muppet Show wasn't a choice for best variety show.

Kind of too bad it doesn't allow you to skip a question...if you don't know much or care about a category you still have to place a vote (so for those not into soaps, i ask you to vote for One Life to Live - not only because was it the best but because a lot of people really want to see ABC further embarrassed by having to acknowledge its mistake in cancelling it by having to announce on air that it won the Best Soap choice)
  7. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Yeah, I wished I could skip too a couple of times. Like for best cop shows. I never got into cop shows. So, I just picked Miami Vice. Even though I never got into it or any of them.

I did pick for One Life to Live for my mother. Though if they said Passions, I would chosed that one for myself. That was the only one, I got into. Even though that didn't come a whole lot popular. :o
  8. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Kermit, Piggy, Big Bird and Cookie Monster appearing at the same time? What a way to scatter votes...
    Hayley B likes this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

I also agree it would've been nice to skip the shows that I have never watched in my life particuarly soap operas *shutters with fear.* Since those are the one thing on TV I CAN'T STAND! >< I don't like you can only vote once too. :rolleyes:
  10. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

As for favorite moms. Man, the times has changed. I'm surprised that Donna Reed wasn't on there. She was looked as a favorite tv mom (including Bill Cllinton).
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*still debating between Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show*

I'm never gonna get to vote for a Muppet at this rate...

But now I'm wondering which Muppet I should vote for (when I get there)...don't wanna scatter the votes too much between them, I'm guessing most casual fans might vote for Kermit, so maybe he's the way to go?
  12. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I voted Kermit the Frog, by the way. I never really liked Piggy.
    I guess Robin the Frog is too obscure to appear on the list?
    I'm glad Rowlf is not on the last, or I'll still be debating now.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Finally finished voting...I voted for Kermit as best non-human character.
  14. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I would go with I Love Lucy. Never really watched Dick Van Dyke Show.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Cool, that was fun! Some of the choices were very difficult though, lol.
    Hayley B likes this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I did end up choosing it, just for the sake that I want one of the two to win, and I bet more people are going to vote Lucy...which also, I really did like the representation of older sitcoms in the polls. I'm hoping some of those nominees do win to show that old, family friendly TV shows are still popular today.
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder... Today, Monday July 23, is the last day to vote for the Muppets in the "Best of TV" poll. (They're on question number six). The winners will be announced on an ABC Barbara Walters special this September.

Cast your vote now and let us know your thoughts on the ABC poll!
    Hayley B likes this.
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wish we could skip some of the questions. I hate that I had to vote for a best reality show, a best drama, and a best soap opera (I ended up blindly voting for American Idol, The Twillight Zone, and One Life to Live). I wish there was a "none of the above" option.

I can't believe that the "best show of all time" and "best animated show" don't allow write-in vote options. For best animated show I voted for Looney Tunes (I would have liked to vote for Bullwinkle or Family Guy, but this is good enough). For "best show of all time" I voted for The Mary Tyler Moore Show, though there's a lot of shows not on the list I like better (Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Greg the Bunny, Newhart, How I Met Your Mother, etc.).
  19. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I can't remember who I picked for best reality. I don't think they had Big Brother. Big Brother to me has been the longest one, I still watch out of the reality . I remember Dancing with the Stars was there, but I didn't pick them. I think it was Amercia's Got Talent. Now, that's a regret. Since I really only watched AGT this year alone.
  20. catherine

catherine Active Member

I wished the muppet show was on that list. I voted for kermit, they didn't have any of the shows, we have over here in the uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.