Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Why didn't it make sense? Just curious. :smile:
Well, first of all (and I know someone else has made this point already), but when the first people call in--the call Sweetums gets--and the first dollar amount goes up on the board, it's $25. No one would call in to a telethon and donate $.25. You might drop $.25 in a jar on a counter, but you wouldn't call it in. The other dollar amounts that the sign board goes up by--it's the same thing. Heck, if someone told us here at MC that we could have a muppet movie if we just raised $10,000 it'd be a done deal--and we're all broke.

Also, there were at least a thousand people out in the street--people who cared enough to come out to the theater on short notice (since none of them came IN TIME, we can assume they didn't know about the show until it began to air), to make signs, to chant and clap and cheer. And they only raised slightly less than $10,000? I was once at a fan convention that raised over $14,000 for charity out of less than 400 people. So if each of the fans in the street spent their money for the theater instead of on poster board and markers...well, you can see the point.

So, having the board go down like that really didn't make any logical sense and it annoyed me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, there were at least a thousand people out in the street--people who cared enough to come out to the theater on short notice (since none of them came IN TIME, we can assume they didn't know about the show until it began to air), to make signs, to chant and clap and cheer. And they only raised slightly less than $10,000?
Must be the economy, hehe.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Either that or the Occupy Wall Street folks mugged the fans on the way to the theater. Redistributing the wealth, and all that.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I am very surprised to hear you say that. It's such a strange point of view.

I've had things stolen from me by students before and it has always been my opinion that taking things that don't belong to you is wrong. The fact that is was a group of students, or even an organization or a union of students who banded together to take it from me wouldn't seem to make it right. But perhaps I'm looking at this too logically.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I am very surprised to hear you say that. It's such a strange point of view.

I've had things stolen from me by students before and it has always been my opinion that taking things that don't belong to you is wrong. The fact that is was a group of students, or even an organization or a union of students who banded together to take it from me wouldn't seem to make it right. But perhaps I'm looking at this too logically.
I'm sorry to clarify I was joking about the stealing part. I just don't mind the Wall Street Occupy people in general.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Well, first of all (and I know someone else has made this point already), but when the first people call in--the call Sweetums gets--and the first dollar amount goes up on the board, it's $25. No one would call in to a telethon and donate $.25. You might drop $.25 in a jar on a counter, but you wouldn't call it in. The other dollar amounts that the sign board goes up by--it's the same thing. Heck, if someone told us here at MC that we could have a muppet movie if we just raised $10,000 it'd be a done deal--and we're all broke.

Also, there were at least a thousand people out in the street--people who cared enough to come out to the theater on short notice (since none of them came IN TIME, we can assume they didn't know about the show until it began to air), to make signs, to chant and clap and cheer. And they only raised slightly less than $10,000? I was once at a fan convention that raised over $14,000 for charity out of less than 400 people. So if each of the fans in the street spent their money for the theater instead of on poster board and markers...well, you can see the point.

So, having the board go down like that really didn't make any logical sense and it annoyed me.
I'm with the camp of fans that thinks Fozzie actually broke the sign (with an addendum that, since the deadline was midnight and Tex was most certainly not going to give them ANY wiggle room, it really didn't matter that he did).

If you think about it, the people answering the phones keep written records of the amounts donated, so it seems unlikely that the big, light-up sign could've been so off the mark in the first place. :skeptical: