The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
So the other day I was watching The Muppets Take Manhattan for the first time in several years. I was going to try my hardest not to get all emotional during Saying Goodbye, and I did pretty good, at least until it showed Fozzie, Scooter and Rowlf hugging and saying goodbye. Then I started thinking about how my best friend is going to be moving out of the country in three months, and yeah... there were several tears on my cheeks by the end of the song.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
This reliably makes me tear up every time. So beautiful and sad... I wish I could sing a song like this to Kermit.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Beautiful song, I know it's a love song but the line "your love will live in my heart" makes me think of Jim. Because I know his love will always live in all our hearts. :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
I think something that made me cry a little, was when Kermit was overhearing Miss Piggy call Christopher Reeves a beautiful brute, and then Kermit says,
"Gee, she never called me a beautiful brute..."

I cried, because I felt so bad for him. He needs a hug.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
haha I didn't think that was sad, I thought it was funny "shoe is on the other foot now!" LOL! XXD

muppfozz

Reaction score
So the other day I was watching The Muppets Take Manhattan for the first time in several years. I was going to try my hardest not to get all emotional during Saying Goodbye, and I did pretty good, at least until it showed Fozzie, Scooter and Rowlf hugging and saying goodbye. Then I started thinking about how my best friend is going to be moving out of the country in three months, and yeah... there were several tears on my cheeks by the end of the song.
Every time I hear Saying Goodbye I cry. I have moved many times and always know I will never see some of my friends again and also I think of loved ones that have passed and all my fur and feather babies that have gone to the rainbow bridge. So I cry and cry with Saying Goodbye. I also cry with Rainbow Connection and I don't care who is singing it. I had to bite my tongue during the last Muppet movie when they sang Rainbow Connection because I would not been able to seen the movie screen through all my tears.