Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Carl23

Reaction score
I know... I had a feeling they did, i've seen pics of Janice in Scrubs so I put 2 and 2 together. They're smaller, too and they'd be impossible to find and very pricey. It really sucks that there's been so little love for Rowlf considering how much exposure he gets. Disney had the perfect chance and they dropped it.

He's really looking for something almost Puppet-sized so he could walk around with Dr. Bob, he's more into the Vet's Hospital skits than the Muppet Show in general. He couldn't believe it when I told him that between now and the 70's there's only been really 2 or 3 Rowlf plushes made, and I don't blame him.

beaker

Reaction score
Yet another reason why the Muppet merchandise release in America was pathetic, and why Europe is getting all the cool stuff

beaker

Reaction score
Yes they did. They are supposedly going to add new items for the DVD release, but it's slowly becoming apparent that they're not planning on doing that either.
What a shocker! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: That's so true, DrTooth. If they literally made any Muppet into a plush, it's practically a guaranteed sell-out. But they insisted on making every single Car, when the target audience really only wants Mater, Lightning, and maybe Finn because he was pretty cool for the entire 15 minutes he was on screen.
I ONLY really wanted the Pope Pinion car for the sheer irony of having it. It's in a HUGE set with a bunch of other cars. Kinda disappointed.

I DO understand the logic behind the "Flashback" sets, like Lady and the Tramp. Nostalgia obviously plays a huge factor, and Die Hard fans would buy the whole set. But it really doesn't take a die hard Muppet fan to appreciate a good Rowlf or a Swedish Chef. A friend of mine would kill for Rowlf to make Dr. Bob, and it sucks that there is literally no way to do it short of the Fisher Price puppet.
They have a LOT of leftover Giraffes from The Lion King... just sayin'...

Not only does it NOT take a diehard fan to appreciate the Chef... the Chef transcends Muppet fandom. There are people who don't even care about the Muppets but love characters like The Chef and Beaker. Rowlf shouldn't be that hard a sell. I don't think I'd see too much resistance from Crazy Harry or Uncle Deadly... not half as much as some of the very obscure characters from movies that just happen to be out on DVD. Still... that Chihuahua... I don't think I even saw the Scotty dog... even though he wasn't in the movie, they could have made Scamp as well (he was a comic book character LOOONG before the cheapqual). That's like making a plush toy of the racist Siamese Cat from Aristocrats... though I'd tend to get it, as Paul Winchell did his voice.

Anyway, I was there today, and they DID restock Gonzo and Fozzie. But no one else was present.

Carl23

Reaction score
Exactly my point. A small amount of Die Hard Lion King fans would LOVE having the Giraffes for their collection, but it's only a small amount. Most fans would only want Mufasa and Simba.

But Who doesn't like Kermit the Frog? And that's what I was getting at with Chef and Rowlf. Scooter not so much, but the others would sell because they overlap the Muppets franchise. A friend loves the Vet's Hospital bits, and is not too big on the rest of the Muppets in general.. More casual. But he'd LOVE a Rowlf as much as the rest of us.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
So I just went on the disneystore website (US) and noticed the kermit and miss piggy plush are now back in stock. Something weird though, the price is now $19.50 instead of $16.50. Why is there a price change?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So I just went on the disneystore website (US) and noticed the kermit and miss piggy plush are now back in stock. Something weird though, the price is now $19.50 instead of $16.50. Why is there a price change?
Gouging?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
EVERYONE HEAD OVER TO THE DISNEYSTORE WEBSITE. Pepe is once again back in stock, after being off the site for almost 3 months! Go get yours while they are still available :rolleyes:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
EVERYONE HEAD OVER TO THE DISNEYSTORE WEBSITE. Pepe is once again back in stock, after being off the site for almost 3 months! Go get yours while they are still available :rolleyes:
Gotta get on that before they sell out!