Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Carl23

Reaction score
I'm not really surprised about Walter, after all he is a central character in the movie the plush set is based on. However, Beaker, Rizzo and Pepe are nice additions considering the latter 2 didn't exactly have a whole lot to do in the new movie.

Walter

Reaction score
I haven't seen an Uncle Deadly plush yet, that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed to the max!!!! If we can get a rizzo and pepe(did rizzo even talk?) then we should most certainly get an Uncle Deadly!!:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed to the max!!!! If we can get a rizzo and pepe(did rizzo even talk?) then we should most certainly get an Uncle Deadly!!:smile:
Movie or no movie, Rizzo and Pepe have been climbing in popularity in recent years, and have major roles in the first major Disney project, LTS.

Still, Uncle Deadly had a significant role in the film, and I'd love to see a push for more Uncle Deadly merchandise. Though I would love to see Rowlf and Scooter get something first... there's no way I'd pass up Deadly.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I would love to see Rowlf and Scooter too... Scooter had such a big part in the movie too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If this puts anyone at ease... My local Disney store sold completely out of every Muppet except for one Fozzie and one Rizzo. And someone even walked in asking if they had any Walters left. Meanwhile, a lot of Cars 2 and Toy Story stuff was on clearance. First phase clearance, but still clearance. Some of the Cars stuff was just falling off the shelves.

Carl23

Reaction score
Yep, that's a very very good sign. Pretty much the same at mine as well. They've been out of most of the plushes for a while now, and a whole wall of clearance cars.

beaker

Reaction score
If this puts anyone at ease... My local Disney store sold completely out of every Muppet except for one Fozzie and one Rizzo. And someone even walked in asking if they had any Walters left. Meanwhile, a lot of Cars 2 and Toy Story stuff was on clearance. First phase clearance, but still clearance. Some of the Cars stuff was just falling off the shelves.
One of the Disney stores near me dissolved the Muppet nook. Not sure if that meant they sold out and didnt reorder, or decided it wasnt selling. I dont think we'll see new merch by march...but hopefully randomly later on this year if the dvd sells well. Im sure all the good stuff is going to Disney parks. Which reminds me, I gotta call Disney parks mail order direct soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it wasn't selling, there would be quite a bit more, and they'd be tossed in the back. The store clerk addressing the guy who wanted Walter was saying about how well they sold and that they're supposed to get a new shipment in soon enough, though she wasn't sure when.

But you should have seen how many Cars stuff was cleared out... it was like 3 shelves of plush cars, and the whole front of the store full of die cast sets. It's clearly an issue of underestimated Muppets. We will see something extra by the time the DVD comes out, at the lastest when it's released on DVD.

But really, I went just before Christmas, and they had all these Piggy plush piled on with all the other Disney Plush toys... now all I saw was a Fozzie, a Rizzo, and some hoodies. I think they sold well enough to at least reorder some.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
*cracks knuckles*

Ok, the page refreshed on me the last time I tried this, so here we go. As some of you may know, I was out of town for New Years, and while I was out of town I did a little bit of shopping at two local Disney stores, and found a small section (and I mean SMALL) for Muppet stuff in each store. I don't know what Disney policy is on having some pictures of their merchandise taken, but if it's not good, then please let me know and I will take the pics down ASAP.

Exhibit A: The Disney Store in the West Edmonton Mall (formerly the biggest mall in the world).

You will note that the only plushies left are Gonzo, Walter and Fozzie. While I was there, one guy came up (looked to be in his early 20's) with his girlfriend and was disapppointed to find that there was no Animal plushie in stock. I wish I asked him if he was an MC'er. Also, there was a near-constant barrage of Muppet commercials on the big screens in the store, yet hardly any merchandise for them worth talking about. This is very strange to me.

Exhibit B: The Disney Store in the Kingsway Mall.

Again, a very small selection of Muppet merch, although I am happy to report that there was a tad bit more variety in the plushies section (Oy, muppet dude who liked Animal! Here's some plushies for you!). Also, yes, my heart almost stopped when I saw that Beaker plushie, haha. I had one ordered from Ebay and already shipped or else I would have bought it immediately. :big_grin:

So is the merchandise looking any better south of the border?