Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting D'Snowth's rant against the new Youtube channel change...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting D'Snowth's rant against the new Youtube channel change...
Thank you very much Drtooth...

I mean if I thought the Beta Channels two years ago were bad, the NEW new channels are even WORSE! There's NO organization, not on the channels OR the new homepage, it's all clutter and chaotic... I DON'T want to see every single insignificant thing people I'm in contact with are doing all day long, whether it's commenting on a video, liking a video, favoriting a video, etc... ALL I want to see on the homepage are my subscriptions, that's all... and the new channels, yeesh... now we have a list of our uploaded videos right underneath our featured video and they're all like 400 px wide thumbnail, meanwhile our favorites list and everything are like tiny 80 px thumbnails in a row of four, like the thumbnails on deviantART on the actual deviation pages...

WHY CAN'T YOUTUBE JUST LEAVE EVERY FRICKEN THING ALONE?!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled mighty film...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The google + button annoys me. I dont like how everything is squashed in the center of the screen, but for some reason all my disdain is being forced on the google + button. I don't want to use google plus. Do not force it on me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have problems enough with the forcing me to tie everything into a non-existent google account... especially since I had to keep screwing around with it to sign in to my YT account. Spend a good 10 minutes having to redo my password.

And it looks like a poorly kluttered facebook. I don't even LIKE facebook.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have problems enough with the forcing me to tie everything into a non-existent google account... especially since I had to keep screwing around with it to sign in to my YT account. Spend a good 10 minutes having to redo my password.

And it looks like a poorly kluttered facebook. I don't even LIKE facebook.
You just now got a Google account? I was FORCED to get a Google account like a year ago, they actually locked me out of my YT account until I patched it with a Google account... another thing I hate is that not too long ago either Google FORCED me to give them my cell phone number because they climed it was a security measure, like in the event I get locked out of my account again or it's hacked orsomething apparently they can text me information on what to do... and I don't use my phone for texting, I just use it for calling people and such.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't even have a phone that texts... okay.. a phone plan that lets me text... nor the need or want to.

Luckily it hooked me up to my Yahoo email. I didn't get it just now... but I couldn't log back in until I changed the password.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And another thing too... seriously, WHAT is with the sketch paper design background all of the sudden? Why is that suddenly so popular? On deviantART it looks horrible on the new journals, and now YouTube's using this similar background on the entire site, it looks really drab.

And has anyone noticed that since these changes, settings aren't adjustable anymore? Seriously, you can't turn off annotations and captions and such on YouTube, and on Google, you can't turn off "Google Instant"... and who came up with "Google Instant"? That's like the stupidest thing the internet ever produced, after Twitter... it serves no purpose but to annoy and aggrivate you.

*Blink* Okay, I think I just answered my own question.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, looks like dA's gone back to featuring virus-ridden ads again, as I've been plagued by our old friend XP Security again, like I was back in Feb of 2010... only this time, it would seem the virus has upped its ante, as now I've got all these processes I can't get rid of like ping.exe and extra svchost.exe processes, plus occasional po-us for some women's health website... I'll; have to take my computer into the shop now, because it would seem Spybot - Search & Destroy and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware wasn't able to remove all of it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You could try HijackThis. It really goes deep into your computer, buuuuuut you do need to be a techie to understand it :/

Also, it shows things that arent always bad, and if you dont know what you are deleting, can mess up your computer even more. But there are websites you can copy and paste the scan log into to show you whats up (still be careful). I've heard this is what a lot of in store fixes use