"The Muppets": What made you cry

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Actually, today. When I went on Thanksgiving, the theater was maybe a quarter full. It was almost full today. Given the Theater swells in attendance over the course of the Telethon, I got all misty-eyed just by watching how true this fan reaction is. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Actually, today. When I went on Thanksgiving, the theater was maybe a quarter full. It was almost full today. Given the Theater swells in attendance over the course of the Telethon, I got all misty-eyed just by watching how true this fan reaction is. :smile:
I think that may be a true to life parable here. On Wed/Thurs, Im sure attendance do to thanksgiving and just the fact many people might be used to cgi movies around this time...maybe stayed away. But as word of mouth spreads that yeah, this is a crazy amazing movie for people who dont even like the muppets...and the INSANE(98%!!!) reviews...we could see the film gain in the second week where most films usually drop off at the box office by half

Aidk321

Reaction score
When they walk into the theater and it's so messy but you can hear Kermit saying "its the muppet show......." I cried during that part.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The concession stand. Criminal how much they charge for popcorn/drink.

No seriously though. Pictures in My Head wins tearjerker moment.

IAdoreMuppets

Reaction score
I cried during most of the movie, when I wasn't laughing of course! My wonderful, understanding and kind husband knew that my face was dripping, but he didn't make fun of me or make me feel silly for being so emotional. I mean, the muppets have been such a big part of my life, that to see such a beautiful return made my heart ache with joy. I really felt like Jason Segal and everyone else who made and played in the film had a true love for the muppets, and for Jim Henson. Did anyone notice the street lights with the flag with Jim Henson's smiling face on it on Hollywood Blvd? Also, did anyone notice The Muppet Show poster with the original "Sunday at 7:30" showtime? My husband actually remembered that he used to watch them on Sunday, and I was so happy to point out that he was right! I really, really, really hope that this new enthusiasm for our beloved Muppets brings them to primetime television once again. Maybe even The Storyteller??? As Kermit T. Frog would say, with his hands and arms wiggling in the air, "Yeahhhhhhhhhh!"