1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets": What made you cry

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Frogster, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Figured it'd be kinda cool to talk about those moments that caught you off-guard, got you choked up or just made you shed a tear of happiness...

The two parts that get me the most choked up is seeing Walter growing up, feeling like an outsider, and discovering The Muppet Show... and when everyone goes onstage to sing and they all hold hands. There were definitely other moments though.
    Aidk321 and Duke Remington like this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i cried when Walter grew up also pictures in my head and rainbow connection
    Aidk321 and Duke Remington like this.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I did love those first scenes when Walter is watching The Muppet Show, Jason Segal actually picked those parts which he should be watching. He said he just loved the Peter Sellers episode and just had to have that on.
    And OF COURSE I cried by the Rainbow Connection, and at the end where they hold up Walter. Classic moments.
    Life's a Happy Song was just amazing, whenever I hear that song I feel like dancing.
    The Montage part was great, also with Rowlf missing the montage, becuase his story wasn't as interesting.
    The Gonzo and Camilla parts were great. As were the Kermit and Miss Piggy were.
    i just love this movie. Just perfect in every way.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It didn't really hit me until afterward, but the stuff at the beginning with Walter was quite heart-breaking, especially the Halloween portion.
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yes! Of course we all go through this kind of stuff. Being mad fun of becuase of being a Muppet fan, it was also so sad that we was never able to go on a roller-coaster with Gary.
  6. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

During Pictures in My Head and the Rainbow Connection. And also when Gary tears up when Walter is whistling. So sweet.
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh indeed, the holding hands for Rainbow connection. And when he first sees the Muppet show, and that whole opening sequence...beyond words that Segel and Stoller came up with that.

There were many moments that gave me a huge gushy goosebumply wash of awe, almost tears of joy...when you see the big muppet show sign coming down with Kermit, that final speech he gives at the end before he walks up, etc
  8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

9. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I never really cried during the movie (it's very rare when I do) but there were definitely times when I started tearing up and having goosebumps all over. It really just grew as the movie went along. It started with the opening with Walter watching The Muppet Show, then "Pictures in My Head", Fozzie asking Kermit if it was going to be okay,etc. it was really the end that had me with goosebumps all over and tears all over. "Rainbow Connection" was absolutely amazing when they all held hands to sing a long. Kermit's heartwarming speech had me so close to losing it and as they walked out of the theater to their fans, I just sat in awe and silently said, "wow." That was absolutely amazing and I just was awestruck.
  10. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

mine was when kermit said "maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, you know maybe you just need one person"
  11. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Pictures in my head....i was shedding tears..i just wanted to hug Kermit and tell him everything will be ok

Then Rainbow connection because it was so beautiful and amazing to see and i was so happy to see them all on screen doing what they love
  12. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Can I say the whole thing? Cause I'm pretty sure the first time I saw this film I was teary the whole way through... But here are more specific parts:

• The hand holding, and just the overall performance of "Rainbow Connection"
    • Any emotional speech given by any character at any point of this movie. For serious. Walter's "you're my hero" speech to Kermit, Gary's "you're my hero" speech to Walter, Kermit's "just one person" talk with Piggy, Kermit's speech to all of them at the end, and so on. Seriously, give a character some profound/emotional words and underscore it with just the right music and I am reduced to a puddle of tears.
    • Walter in his Kermit costume when he gets made fun of
    • "Pictures in My Head" is kind of a no brainer. The way Kermit looks at some of the paintings, gah, it rips at my heart. And the image of Fozzie singing the line "Make 'em laugh like we did then" always gets to me too. Not sure why that specific part of the song stands out to me, but it makes my heart drop whenever I think of that one moment. But overall that song is just heartbreaking, because it's all about the regrets we have about friends we've let go of. And honestly, who hasn't felt like that before when thinking about friends they've lost due to distance? I think we can all relate to it.
    • The Muppet Show theme. Those were really tears of joy though. Same goes for the Finale.
  13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I never actually cried, but did feel a bit teary during "Pictures in my Head" and the "Rainbow Connection" finale.
  14. redBoobergurl

I agree on the "you're my hero" and "just one person" lines. Those were very poignant. Especially "just one person".
  15. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

What he says to Piggy about only needing just one person to believe in you is poignant in and of itself, but another reason it gets me is because my mind immediately goes to the song "Just One Person" which I will forever associate with Jim's passing. I like to think they did that on purpose to reference it.
  16. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Would've been fantastic if the song was in the movie,
  17. redBoobergurl

Yes! That is exactly what I was thinking! If it wasn't on purpose, then what a happy accident, such a fitting little tribute in a way!
  18. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I cried during Pictures In My Head, especially at the end where Kermit semi-uncovered the picture of Piggy </3 And I cried A LOT during their whole reunion (if you can even call it that) in Paris, especially during the confrontational convo part!

I shed happy tears when Kermit and Piggy put together the two halves of their wedding photo and when they kissed during Rainbow Connection <3
    Puckrox likes this.
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Seeing the Harry Belefonte masks/Jim Henson photos...the montage of Walter in the trick r treat scene and birthday party. My gosh I felt overwhelmed...such a piercing moment. I can't get over the emotional pull that has...I dont know what that scene would be like for someone who is not religiously obsessed, but I think it'll work for even casual muppet fans.

OH! When Kermit pushes open the delapitated theater door. That is pure gold right there.

So much of Walter's nuanced mannerisms and subtlety got to me too...was just so genuine.
  20. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

The whole opening with Walter...Pictures in my head (which really should be the oscar winning song this year)....rainbow connection.....kermit opening the door after talking to the muppets and all the fans are out there..anything with Jim Henson brought a little tear to my eye