"The Muppets": What made you cry

Puckrox

Reaction score
Can I say the whole thing? Cause I'm pretty sure the first time I saw this film I was teary the whole way through... But here are more specific parts:

• The hand holding, and just the overall performance of "Rainbow Connection"
  • Any emotional speech given by any character at any point of this movie. For serious. Walter's "you're my hero" speech to Kermit, Gary's "you're my hero" speech to Walter, Kermit's "just one person" talk with Piggy, Kermit's speech to all of them at the end, and so on. Seriously, give a character some profound/emotional words and underscore it with just the right music and I am reduced to a puddle of tears.
  • Walter in his Kermit costume when he gets made fun of
  • "Pictures in My Head" is kind of a no brainer. The way Kermit looks at some of the paintings, gah, it rips at my heart. And the image of Fozzie singing the line "Make 'em laugh like we did then" always gets to me too. Not sure why that specific part of the song stands out to me, but it makes my heart drop whenever I think of that one moment. But overall that song is just heartbreaking, because it's all about the regrets we have about friends we've let go of. And honestly, who hasn't felt like that before when thinking about friends they've lost due to distance? I think we can all relate to it.
  • The Muppet Show theme. Those were really tears of joy though. Same goes for the Finale.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never actually cried, but did feel a bit teary during "Pictures in my Head" and the "Rainbow Connection" finale.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Can I say the whole thing? Cause I'm pretty sure the first time I saw this film I was teary the whole way through... But here are more specific parts:

• The hand holding, and just the overall performance of "Rainbow Connection"
  • Any emotional speech given by any character at any point of this movie. For serious. Walter's "you're my hero" speech to Kermit, Gary's "you're my hero" speech to Walter, Kermit's "just one person" talk with Piggy, Kermit's speech to all of them at the end, and so on. Seriously, give a character some profound/emotional words and underscore it with just the right music and I am reduced to a puddle of tears.
  • Walter in his Kermit costume when he gets made fun of
  • "Pictures in My Head" is kind of a no brainer. The way Kermit looks at some of the paintings, gah, it rips at my heart. And the image of Fozzie singing the line "Make 'em laugh like we did then" always gets to me too. Not sure why that specific part of the song stands out to me, but it makes my heart drop whenever I think of that one moment. But overall that song is just heartbreaking, because it's all about the regrets we have about friends we've let go of. And honestly, who hasn't felt like that before when thinking about friends they've lost due to distance? I think we can all relate to it.
  • The Muppet Show theme. Those were really tears of joy though. Same goes for the Finale.
I agree on the "you're my hero" and "just one person" lines. Those were very poignant. Especially "just one person".

Puckrox

Reaction score
I agree on the "you're my hero" and "just one person" lines. Those were very poignant. Especially "just one person".
What he says to Piggy about only needing just one person to believe in you is poignant in and of itself, but another reason it gets me is because my mind immediately goes to the song "Just One Person" which I will forever associate with Jim's passing. I like to think they did that on purpose to reference it.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
What he says to Piggy about only needing just one person to believe in you is poignant in and of itself, but another reason it gets me is because my mind immediately goes to the song "Just One Person" which I will forever associate with Jim's passing. I like to think they did that on purpose to reference it.
Yes! That is exactly what I was thinking! If it wasn't on purpose, then what a happy accident, such a fitting little tribute in a way!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I cried during Pictures In My Head, especially at the end where Kermit semi-uncovered the picture of Piggy </3 And I cried A LOT during their whole reunion (if you can even call it that) in Paris, especially during the confrontational convo part!

I shed happy tears when Kermit and Piggy put together the two halves of their wedding photo and when they kissed during Rainbow Connection <3

beaker

Reaction score
Seeing the Harry Belefonte masks/Jim Henson photos...the montage of Walter in the trick r treat scene and birthday party. My gosh I felt overwhelmed...such a piercing moment. I can't get over the emotional pull that has...I dont know what that scene would be like for someone who is not religiously obsessed, but I think it'll work for even casual muppet fans.

OH! When Kermit pushes open the delapitated theater door. That is pure gold right there.

So much of Walter's nuanced mannerisms and subtlety got to me too...was just so genuine.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The whole opening with Walter...Pictures in my head (which really should be the oscar winning song this year)....rainbow connection.....kermit opening the door after talking to the muppets and all the fans are out there..anything with Jim Henson brought a little tear to my eye

dwayne1115

Reaction score
the transison of one of the last Kermit and Piggy to Rainbow conecction was a tear jerker, and when Kermit walked out of the theater to the huge crowd of fans was also a tear jerker!