Overrated Movies

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm SHOCKED! I remember it just disappearing with no big or even slightly noticeable fanfare. It's like the movie went to theaters and disappeared a week later, and everyone's still trying to get rid of the merchandise at discount prices.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Well, most of its success was in overseas markets the DVD release. Had they gone by domestic box-office alone, it'd still be dead in the water.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Help... And I DO NOT want to rationalize why...

though, to quote an indie newspaper review I barely remember the details of, when they do these movies about race inequality, why do they go after the socialites they had to work for and not after the REAL bad guys that MAKE them have to take maid jobs?

Oh, and Anything Adam Sandler did after (being generous here) 8 Crazy Nights.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Paranormal Activity..ive seen all three and i dont get why they are so popular...i have more questions then ever after seeing the last one i dont even find them that scary

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Back on the subject (Just for a moment) of the Percy Jackson movie and the associated merchandise, Drtooth.

Even at the Borders' Going Out Of Business sale, everything 70 to 90% off, only a quarter of the shelves still standing, the enitre store looking big and sad and empty, they still had a display of Percy Jackson movie stuff that wasn't going anywhere.

I just can not wrap my head around the sequel getting the go-ahead. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even at the Borders' Going Out Of Business sale, everything 70 to 90% off, only a quarter of the shelves still standing, the enitre store looking big and sad and empty, they still had a display of Percy Jackson movie stuff that wasn't going anywhere.
HEH! I know there are successful movies that have some merchandise that tends to lie around and not sell... but that's ridiculous, right there. I've seen Terminator Salvation toys sit on shelves for the past few years, they keep getting deep discount clearances, then they go to clearance outlets, and now they're in Dollar Stores and STILL no one wants them! :fishy:

I'd almost laugh harder if Playmates didn't screw over the TMNT 25 anniversary merchandise for a chance to make that rotten line of poorly made pieces of garbage.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Paranormal Activity..ive seen all three and i dont get why they are so popular...i have more questions then ever after seeing the last one i dont even find them that scary
I fail to see how they are the scariest movies ever. On that note, I fail to see how 30 Days of Night was the scariest vampire movie. It should have been called "30 Days of Hiding in a Room"

Anyway, Paranormal Activity had NOTHING going for it. The only part that made me jump was the end, and that was more of a reaction that is equal to someone thrusting their hand at your face and you flinch back cause you dont want to get hit, not because you are scared.

The second one sucked big time, but I thought it was unintentionally funny. I mean, the scene where the pool cleaner just flies out of the pool was hilarious

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
HEH! I know there are successful movies that have some merchandise that tends to lie around and not sell... but that's ridiculous, right there. I've seen Terminator Salvation toys sit on shelves for the past few years, they keep getting deep discount clearances, then they go to clearance outlets, and now they're in Dollar Stores and STILL no one wants them! :fishy:

I'd almost laugh harder if Playmates didn't screw over the TMNT 25 anniversary merchandise for a chance to make that rotten line of poorly made pieces of garbage.
My local KMart still has a whole aisle's worth each of Green Lantern and Cars 2 merchandise. :insatiable: