Old Forum: Need a picture next to your membername?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
This is just a test post to see if the animation works, didn't want to bother anyone anywhere else... And yes, I realize it makes fun of Bunsen a little, but his lack of eyes seriously freaked me out as a kid! :eek:

Beaker, on the other hand, is awesome.
How do you get an animation as your avatar?:search:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it's because the picture size is small, small, small. It's a really really old gif.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I did a newer Avatar for mine. You can actually make it 200x200 pixels like I did in photoshop. If anyone needs help resizing their avatars or making them, let me know by sending a PM. I wouldn't mind helping out if anyone needs it! :wink:

Fraggline

Reaction score
Just making sure...it's okay to use any internet picture for my avatar? even if I don't know any copyright issues?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can use any kind of picture for your avatar. I think most the people on MC do...or any other forum for that matter. It's just for your personal use.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm useing a pic of me this time around, but no telling how long I will keep it.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm useing a pic of me this time around, but no telling how long I will keep it.
Nice Muppet Pic....don't remember that character. Maybe in the next Muppet Movie? :wink:

Fraggline

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can use any kind of picture for your avatar. I think most the people on MC do...or any other forum for that matter. It's just for your personal use.
Oh, good. Thanks! Now I just have to choose...:confused:

Slackbot

Reaction score
New avatar for me. I went to all the trouble of making the background transparent so he'd look like he was all dynamic and bursting out of the frame, and he ends up in a little white box anyway. Phooey.

I get the impression from earlier posts that animated GIFs won't animate as avatars. If so, phooey. I'd love to 8-bit this image and animate it in the style of the original Move Your Feet video.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
New avatar for me. I went to all the trouble of making the background transparent so he'd look like he was all dynamic and bursting out of the frame, and he ends up in a little white box anyway. Phooey.

I get the impression from earlier posts that animated GIFs won't animate as avatars. If so, phooey. I'd love to 8-bit this image and animate it in the style of the original Move Your Feet video.
You might want to save the file as a .png file and then upload it to see if this works. It works like a .gif file and leaves the background of your avatar transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.