First look (video) of the new movie!

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I can't remember if it's the movie, or the comics that had a no Pepe deal... But in some of the pictures, you see Bill preforming Rowlf... Rowlf may be in the center stage after this....

dwmckim

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't remember if it's the movie, or the comics that had a no Pepe deal... But in some of the pictures, you see Bill preforming Rowlf... Rowlf may be in the center stage after this....

No, Pepe could be used in the comic and the movie, just... well, With the Muppet Show Comic Book, Roger wanted to use characters exclusively from the original Muppet Show (except for Skeeter and Andy and Randy in the Family Reunion saga, but all three were used in the context of the show). However, in the classic retellings line, Pepe has been part of every 4 issue title. Even if it was in only one issue.

Same thing about the new movie... Jason wanted to focus on the classic characters, but still managed to give him a little cameo (unless the script changed by then). You see, they had access to ALL the Muppets Disney owned... probably not Bear (though I don't think that occurred to anyone). Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock or Creature Shop stuff is off limits, but anything Disney owns is at their disposal.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Yeah...I did think it was a bit "How do you show that you love him?" from Enchanted, styled. But! I've actually been singing this song already while out and about...Just humming it and stuff, so its obviously catchy!
That's what I was thinking. It does seem to be a little tongue-in-cheek, 'That's How You Know'-esque number (And I love those! :excited:)

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Ah, thanks Dr.Tooth. Well, if Pepe's getting a cameo or a small role, Rowlf still gets more screentime, right?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It all depends on how the script goes. Remember, they draw their inspiration from the older 3 films. Rowlf and Scooter played big roles in those ones.

terrimonster

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen this clip posted here yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJuK_DINvg (could be spoiler-y, so be warned)

It appears it's from a rehearsal with stand-ins and no Muppets, but you get to hear quite a bit more of the song, with better audio than many other clips. Who can identify the Muppet voices heard during the song? I know I hear Kermit and Piggy as well as Statler and Waldorf. It's hard to say for sure without seeing them, but I would swear I hear Uncle Deadly(!) and Marvin Suggs. I kind of think the voice(s) I previously thought to be Link is actually Statler & Waldorf. There are also some voices I can't identify. One sounds a lot like Elmo to me, but it obviously isn't.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The only ones I can clearly hear is Jason, Kermit, Beaker, Rowlf, Scooter, Statler and Marvin Suggs.

Mupp

Reaction score
I know I'm going to regret this but....

I was reading around here, and I just have to pop in and say that I have seen these videos, and I am dumb founded as to why people here who claim to be Muppet fans are being so negative about the song.

Do you all remember The Great Muppet Caper?

The song "Hey a Movie!" is similar in tone and style to what has been heard of this new "Sing a Happy Song"

For those of you who own the movie, go ahead and pop it into the DVD player and see for yourself.

The Muppets have always been about optimism and a positive attitude, and this new song fits for them.

Food for thought.

Thanks, you can go back to making snap judgments now.