First look (video) of the new movie!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Awesome! I love that some of the classic Muppet monsters will be in there, like Thog and Behemoth, along with Sweetums, who seems to be kind of standard now.:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
The thing that I love most about seeing Thog here, is not that he himself is here, but rather that if they are paying THAT much attention to detail then they must surely have also paid great attention to the details of character's actions and mannerisms...meaning that they are all likely to be close to their TMS characters (hopefully still maintaining some modern (i.e. Gonzo's Daredevil will be back, but hopefully still some of his soul.))

I have faith in the writers and Muppeteers to get this balance just right! And simply cannot WAIT!

- Beaugal

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
That is amzing! I'm getting more and more excited with each new picture and now, video, is see! The video was amazing and I think I could make out Kermit's voice! Even though I couldn't make out the words but that tune is going to be stuck in my head! :smile:

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
From the very first pictures, and more and more, I get the impression of something lively in the making. Lots of atmosphere.

And Amy Adams is not too hard on the eyes, either! :concern:

Quesal

Reaction score
HA! This is looking greater and greater. Let's hope the final cut of the movie delivers!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Holy tamole Thog is massive. He looks like he's about 16 feet. Was he this big in the Valentine's special and TMS?
I picked up on that too. Thog's always been one of the largest but look at how much he seems to tower over Sweetums. May be a trick of the angle or something or perhaps something might throw it off underneath like he's standing on a higher plane or something but yeah - he does seem larger than ever. But i won't complain about that. Who says Muppets can't have growth spurts? Growing Thogs = yes. Shrinking Zoes = no.

Convincing John

Reaction score
It sounds sort of like Link yelling down a hall underwater.
And so now we have the official title of the new film: "The Muppets: Thog Gets His Groove On and Link's Underwater Adventure".:wink:

But then again, people might confuse the last part of the title with this.:wink:

Seriously though, this news is just getting better and better! Just look of what we can see from these photos:

--characters the public has known and loved for years (Gonzo, Chef), characters that have been sadly absent (or mostly silent) from post-Jim Muppet productions (Scooter, Link), characters we thought we'd never see on Hollywood Blvd. (Thog!)

--Look at the marquee and on the theater door advertising the Muppet Telethon. That is classic, "Muppet Show font", folks. There's a Muppet peeking through the "O", just like there should be. (Whether it's Kermit or someone else, I can't tell). This detail (though it has to do with lettering) speaks to us fans.

When I see "Muppet" in that lettering style, immediately I hear the music from the orchestra pit, I see the red curtain parting, the lit arches, plus the dancing monsters including Thog and Sweetums. Once again, that font, a red curtain, Sweetums and Thog are back again in this brand new photo. Wonderful Muppety memories from 1978 are coming back to me like boomerang fish when I look at this.

I know it may sound silly to talk about a font, but hear me out. It counts. We know when something doesn't look right. We've all seen the new logos for the Muppets. Honestly, what represents the Muppets better: this or this?

--That Jim Henson banner on the lamp post. Do I really need to elaborate on how wonderful that is?

I can't wait for Thanksgiving now!

Convincing John

beaker

Reaction score
If Disney went all out making figures, plushes and merch for virtually every character seen in Toy Story 3(with the exception of Miyazaki's Totoro), just imagine what they *may* do for this.

I myself am taken aback by how serious and well researched this whole thing is. Imagine the painstaking time it's taking to recreate
all those classic characters, both obscure and simply out of work.
Heck, we have Uncle Deadly! Seen clear as day in a picture from another thread. How longs it been since he was seen?

Not to mention the new characters(Walter, Tex Richman's henchmen, etc)

Btw, to DW Mckim: If we know Behemoth, Thog, and Sweetums are in it...than surely Doglion, Luncheon Counter, Timmy, Beautiful Day, etc cant be far away(or even Bossmen and Splurge?) The Bossmen made a 2001/2002 comeback, hope they appear here. And given Big Mean Carl has been turned into one of the bigger main characters in recent time, I can't wait to see what they do with them.

Frogster

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome they are bringing Thog and Behemoth back, but I thought the song sounded like a glorified Muppet Babies number