Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now here's a long shot: contact Paul Solman of the PBS NewsHour and ask if the Muppets could be helpful in one of his "Making Sense of the Economy" segments. While he's never done anything as wild as Muppet guests, his segments often take a playful, humorous approach to explaining financial matters in easy-to-understand ways. You never know, maybe he'd love the idea. (Yes, I thought of this because of the old "Bull Market/Bear Market" bit the Muppets did with Ted Koppel way back when.)
Good idea. Perhaps have the Swedish Chef, Beaker, and Mahna Mahna on the show discussing the economy. They'd make as much sense of it as anyone else.

beaker

Reaction score
Im surprised Im the only one thinking of Disney needing to have an official fan weekend at Disneyland(or WDW), or an official fan convention(if neither materializes, I say we should make D23 in August the official Muppet fan gathering)

The other night I was being so greedy for merchandise that I forgot to add my support for what's probably the most effective idea in the thread (as far as motivating people to go see the movie): Muppets invading talk shows.

Throughout the coming year (not just bunched up in the month or two before the theatrical release) they need to be popping up on TV shows to remind people that the Muppets are still here, they're still great, they're still unpredictable.

My suggestions:
I'd love to see Miss Piggy on Ellen.

Jimmy Fallon reminds me a lot of Fozzie, so it would be wonderful to see Statler and Waldorf heckling Jimmy during the opening monologue. And not just once—have them show up to give him a hard time several times in the months leading up to the movie release.

If Kermit could host the Tonight Show in Johnny Carson's day, why couldn't he or someone else guest-host a talk show this year? Gonzo might be my first choice, with Rizzo as sidekick.

Now here's a long shot: contact Paul Solman of the PBS NewsHour and ask if the Muppets could be helpful in one of his "Making Sense of the Economy" segments. While he's never done anything as wild as Muppet guests, his segments often take a playful, humorous approach to explaining financial matters in easy-to-understand ways. You never know, maybe he'd love the idea. (Yes, I thought of this because of the old "Bull Market/Bear Market" bit the Muppets did with Ted Koppel way back when.)
In any given year, especially since the Muppet buyout, we get a ton of Muppet appearances on talk shows(usually just Kermit, Piggy, sometimes Fozzie and Pepe...tho if one includes Sesame, then also Oscar, Grover and Big Bird on occasion)
In 2008 alone, I think I was able to snatch off youtube several dozen Muppet appearances(a lot on localized morning talk shows)

One can only begin to imagine the INSANE amount of tv appearances and press junkets the Muppets will be doing. Or all the 30-60 second short pieces that will air on entertainment half hour shows. I have a feeling most fans wont even be able to keep up with the insane amount of Muppet saturation that will happen

There IS Tangled stuff, you're just not looking where it obviously goes... right into the doll section. After all, she is one of the Princesses, and the character will no doubt be aded to the roster same way that the one from princess and ther Frog was. I haven't seen figure sets, though I did see a lot of dolls and her pet chameleon plushies... though, not even a third of what Toy Story got.

I guess my mind just automatically blanks out "pink sections" of toy stores(ugh, dont companies realize girls might like colors besides garishly ugly pink?) It's unfortunate there's such a segregation in the toy world. Even I detest the "macho" toys(wrasslin, Iron Man, etc

beaker

Reaction score
Good idea. Perhaps have the Swedish Chef, Beaker, and Mahna Mahna on the show discussing the economy. They'd make as much sense of it as anyone else.
brilliant my man! Heck you could have the Newsman and Lew Zealand discuss the bizarre worldwide phenomenon of all the birds dropping out of the sky and fish dying, have Sam the Eagle on Fox News discussing the decline of moral values, and Crazy Harry discussing the war on terror in the middle east.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess my mind just automatically blanks out "pink sections" of toy stores(ugh, dont companies realize girls might like colors besides garishly ugly pink?) It's unfortunate there's such a segregation in the toy world. Even I detest the "macho" toys(wrasslin, Iron Man, etc
I've always been annoyed at how much bigger the girls section was than the boys. I totally dislike the whole gender role placing when it comes to that stuff. Girls buy action figures too.

I find it truly ridiculous though, they forcibly change the name of the movie so boys can go see it, and the only merchandise that accrues is a collection of dolls. Sigh... I wish the Disney Heroes line caught on better...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
have Sam the Eagle on Fox News discussing the decline of moral values
I don't know if that'd be all that funny, considering they'd actually agree with him. I'd much rather see Sam on The Colbert Report, where technically Stephen would agree with him, but considering Sam is also a parody in the same vein, it'd just go hand in, er, wing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd watch that. That would be awesome
Hey! They'd be the only people that could make sense of the stock market...

Oh! Retail sales were good but not as good as expected so take every dollar you have out so less people can get hired and buy stuff... oh and gas prices are going to hit 5 dollars a gallon because people are saying it will hit 5 dollars a gallon.

Holy crap. Beaker and the Swedish Chef's Meeps and byorks especially sound a lot more intelligible than that mess.

Next time blow the company pension at Reno like a MAN! :sing:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppets Studio YouTube channel should show a few sneak peek clips and behind-the-scenes footage on the movie. A few sneak peek clips from Toy Story 3 were uploaded before its release, so why not the Muppets new movie?

Or maybe, and I don't know how feasible it'd be now that production has started, they could do some "parody" behind-the scenes footage, much like the Weezer behind-the-scenes special, with the Muppets staying in character and performers not being seen, but otherwise show them on set, treated like real people.

mrsgarrett320

Reaction score
Please please please please re-release Muppet TV specials on DVD. The Frog Prince... Tale of the Bunny Picnic... these NEED to be seen and loved by a new generation of children.