1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by dwmckim, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

I have to agree with you on that one in some respects. Bingboingcutie is a doll collector and she has some pretty nice looking SS characters (Gund makes a good Abby Cadabby), but those who are talented can really make nice plush dolls! I'm impressed with the photos you have on your link--wow, I wish I could sew that well! There is one Gonzo, though, that I think is well-made. I'm waiting for just the right time to buy it...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nanco-Henson-Mu...276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2308b0af34
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There are always These but they appear to be park exclusives cuz only ONE person saw them.

But that Gonzo... that Gonzo... The Kermit's alright, but the mouth looks warped.
  3. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Sorry, I'm a little confused--which Gonzo, the doll or the figure?
  4. Drtooth

The plush Gonzo. I've never seen anything half as well done as that one.
  5. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Yeah, now that you mention it, it isn't his best picture, and his mouth was kind of different.:concern: I did see another one of the same kind for sale, and I liked the look of that one better. (Kind of strange, isn't it, how two dolls from the same factory aren't always the same in the eye of the doll-lover? Sometimes it seems to make all the difference.) I dunno, it's just a matter of opinion, I guess.
  6. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but one thing I'd like to see is re-issues of all the movie soundtracks.

Well, not MTM or MFS because Disney doesn't have rights to them (or MCC because they already did), but the soundtracks for The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island. :sing:
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I just read that the 2012 Muppet calendar will be a movie parodies calendar, with existing parody images. With the calendar likely coming near the movies release date, wouldn't it be a better tie-in to theme it around the movie, wth images (either stills or publicity) from the movie? Or even photos representing scenes from a variety of Muppet productions (movies and TMS episodes)?

But at least we know of one item that'll come out around the time of the movie.
  8. Drtooth

Slightly disappointing it is, but hopefully we'll see ones that aren't too dated. I'm surprised too, that they wouldn't just take still frames of the movie and slap them on there... you know, like most movie calendars seem to do.

Now what WOULD be great is if they had a Muppet movies calendar with actual Muppet movie posters and screenshots.