Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

Beauregard

Reaction score
Something that used to happen a lot but just doesn't anymore was the Muppets (particularly Miss Piggy) appearing in top gossip magazines. I remember Piggy doing an amazing glossy photo-interview when she died her hair black for MWOO. I'd love to see them featured in some of the best/worst dressed pages or have their twitter accounts (do they even HAVE twitter accounts?) included along with regular celebrities in these kinds of magazines -- but taken seriously (with comedy, obviously, but in a serious way...you know what I'm saying).

If the Muppet's don't have twitter accounts (I know I've seen Pepe twitter before from that Kitchen show) but they should all get some!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love something like that.

My dream video game (would need to be on a high-end console or a PC or something):

Depending on how the movie plays out, I'd like to see some elements of the movie as the overall plot. Instead of Walter looking for the Muppets, though, you could have a choice to play him or as your own created whatnot (using existing and thought-about Muppet Workshop options). You hear that the Muppet Studios are under attack by the evil oil guy (seriously, how dated can this be when oil disasters happen in the news like every other month? *edit* and Disney and Henson both worked on Dinosaurs -- it'd be a major sin in my book if an oil magnate is your bad guy and Wesayso is NEVER referenced at all, LOL) and you need to bring everyone together because it was distressing to hear that everyone broke up. You reminisce by playing levels based on the various movies and shows. They could be narrative levels or mini-games. You would choose one of three Muppets to play as, such as Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy, Floyd, Animal, whoever. Who you pick would influence the details in the level (both the nostalgic levels and the current plot ones) as well as who congratulates you for bringing everyone together in the ending, though the other characters you didn't pick will decide to come if the one you picked decides to join you (based, perhaps, on objectives met or numerical score).

A Muppet video game would be a tricky thing. They only had like one or two actual good ones. Something vaugley RPG ish might work... or maybe one of those ones where you have to pick up everything that's not nailed down and use it somewhere else. You know, like Sam and Max or Maniac Mansion?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I want to encourage everyone to keep these suggestions and ideas coming. There are multiple people from Disney and Muppets Studio reading this discussion to see how your ideas line up with what they are planning for 2011.
...well in that case...

A television special about what makes the Muppets cool and Great Moments in Muppet History hosted by Muppet Freak blogger and Henson Historian d.w. mckim.

(Hey, i said it was a "dream" list!)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I want to encourage everyone to keep these suggestions and ideas coming. There are multiple people from Disney and Muppets Studio reading this discussion to see how your ideas line up with what they are planning for 2011.
In that case, in addition to what I've already asked for, I'd like the MuppeTelevision segments from The Jim Henson Hour to be released, either on television or DVD. But I'd really like for Disney and Henson (and Sony and Lionsgate, if neccessary) to work together to get an uncut Jim Henson Hour DVD release.

And I'd like a multi-disc colection of Muppet music, both released and unreleased.

To sef: Man, there goes my april fools joke for the year...:rolleyes:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
And I'd like a multi-disc colection of Muppet music, both released and unreleased.
Oh yes! That's a great idea! I think a 3-disc collection consisting of The Muppet Show, The Muppet Show 2 and Muppet Show Music Album is an idea that would be easy to bring to stores and a great collector's item.

Oh, and a new Christmas album would be nice. I remember years ago back when Green and Red Christmas was supposed to come out in 2005 with Kermit's Christmas Capers, minor muppetz wrote a track listing for a Muppet Christmas compilation consisting of songs from the various Muppet Christmas productions. Putting all those on a CD, plus the tracks from Letters to Santa, maybe the "I Believe" single with Tiffany Thorton, you got yourself a new Christmas CD! :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, there have already been a lot of great ideas here, so I will just chime in for a little bit here. I definitely agree with talk show appearances for the Muppets- it would be especially great for them to take over the Today show or a late night show or both.
I would also love to see The Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 come to DVD soon. It would be incredible if they could feature cool bonus things like "The Muppets Go to the Movies" and "Of Muppets and Men" - those specials definitely need to be included.
A DVD release for "Muppets Tonight" and "The Jim Henson Hour" would also certainly be welcomed. Many of the specials from "The Jim Henson Hour" have been released- now if we could just see the MuppetTelevision segments.
I would be up for a Muppet video game- I like the idea RedPiggy shared earlier.
And I really love minormuppetz idea for Sesame Street. I would love to see an all-inclusive Best of Kermit on Sesame Street DVD with his many songs and skits and any Street scenes. It would also be really great if Kermit showed up on Sesame Street with the rest of "The Muppet Show" gang for a crossover appearance! That would certainly get today's kids introduced to the stars of the Muppets movies- though I'm fairly certain they would at least know Kermit.:smile::wisdom::big_grin:

Squigiman

Reaction score
Honestly, just about anything. We've been mostly devoid of Muppets, well, for the majority of the time since Jim died, with new productions coming out sporadically, but even moreso (surprisingly) since Disney bought the crew. I thought the whole point was to use their power and resources to push them back into the limelight and revitalize them in a major way. Heck, maybe that will happen now, with the movie, but already Frank and Jerry are done, and it would have been nice to have gotten this going a few years back. Still excited, though.

Anyways, for suggestions, how about starting with The Muppet Show Season 4 on DVD, like we were supposed to get by the end of this year? What happened, there? I only hope it's delayed in order to ensure it will be complete, and hopefully with some good extras. Commentaries would be wonderful, but at the very least, those pop-up facts like in Season One would be nice, too.

Additionally, just about ANY unreleased stuff from their long and wonderful history, mainly from when Jim was alive, would be great. Think about all of the potential, with all of the stuff that comes out on DVD of varying quality. Especially when something new or remade comes out in theaters, it's the perfect time for some corporate synergy. I am still baffled that it wasn't immediately released after the Disney deal, so why not finally put out "The Muppets At Walt Disney World"?

Kermit and Mickey together! What could be more perfect. It was also the final hurrah of that era of The Muppets, with all major performers and characters present/alive and working. Sure, it's up on YouTube, from what I saw, but who wants to watch it in that quality, and in bits and pieces? Same thing for the Muppet Television segments of The Jim Henson Hour. Have a disclaimer at the beginning or something pointing out that the Storyteller segments referred to in the intros are not included, but don't edit Jim's intros out, PLEASE!

Maybe continuing the Palisades action figure line under a new company, with the style and scale established by them, getting out some new versions of the core characters, as well as ones we were sadly never able to get, once that company no longer existed. There's so much potential to use the movie as a tool for greater things, whether it, on its own, lives up to expectations or not. Keep the suggestions coming, everyone. Let your voices be heard!

-Squigiman

tomahawk

Reaction score
I would love to see more mens clothing. Shirts, hoodies, hats. Maybe from New Era like the Sesame Street ones, but with better availability. The plush sound like a great idea.

Season Four is a must before the film comes out.

I would also like to see them around the theme parks more. I don't have a pass like I used to, but just knowing they were around more would be enough to try to convince my family to move back to California.:wink:

More appearances on the Disney Channel and Hub.

I could go on and on about more merchandise, as I am a collector. Books, video games, figures etc.

Quesal

Reaction score
Wow these suggestions are all great ideas!