Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

beaker

Reaction score
1. An official Muppet fan weekend at Disneyland. Kind of like what they used to do for Star Wars fans(the SW Celebration Weekends at parks) I'd almost say we should start a petition to let Disney know how awesome such a thing would be.
Again, would be perfect not just because the performers/Muppets are already in southern California and it'd be part of the great 2011 Muppet comeback year...but also 2011 is ten years since Muppetfest.

Imagine if they did for the Muppets what they are doing for TRON? (elecTRONica nights at California Adventure) Maybe they could, even if temporary, add some Muppetyness to parts of Calif Adv or Disneyland.

And I say, IF Disney doesn't do an official Muppet fan weekend, we should plan an unofficial Muppetfest for D23 2011 in Anaheim.

2. A line of 3 3/4" - 4" action figures, that like the Hasbro Star Wars figures, would try and include as many known and obscure characters as possible

3. Finally a release of Muppets @ WDW and Muppets Tonight on dvd

4. Major tie-ins and cross promotions with as many restaurants, hotel chains/resorts, gas stations, retail mall/big box stores/dept stores, Kohl's $5 charity plushes, etc as possible. Everything from "win a vacation" cardboard standees and toy premiums to commemorative cups and such

5. An official Muppet magazine, even if it's a one-off collector's issue.

6. Little Muppet "takeovers" and impromptu specials(like 2008's The Muppets Take Over Today Show") Maybe have the Muppets or a few Muppets spend the day at MTV, Tonight Show, or even SNL.

7. Market to the big Disney tween/teen girl infrastructure by FINALLY CREATING SKEETER as a teenage girl puppet. We hardcore fans won't mind if you give her Elmo like ubiquity...we've been waiting years for her debut in the proper Muppet world, and if she was like her Muppet comic self, it'd be a HUGE hit. Skeeter lines at Hot Topic, Skeeter appearances on tv, Skeeter guesting on various live action Disney interstitials, you name it!

MattGallo

Reaction score
I have to echo a lot of people here on two major points, and a couple people on the third:

1.) Release the 4th Season of the Muppet Show, and do it right :smile:
2.) PLEASE Put out the movies on Blu-Ray, all fancied up.
3.) Release a real version, of the full, UNCUT, (remastered?) Muppet Family Christmas. Please, I beg of you Disney, The Muppets, anyone... These terrible shortened versions are just so disappointing. And who wants cruddy illegal copies?

Beyond that, I feel that almost All Muppet immersion in media & pop culture is a good idea, and loved the suggestions put forth so far. The only thing I would add is, keep a mind for the classic, irreverant. somewhat anarchic style and comedy of the Muppets from when Henson was still with us.

beaker

Reaction score
I read that there will be a set of Muppet plush resembling the actual puppets to be released when the movie does. I assume they'll be different from the Master Replicas. But still, I'd like there to be a big McDonald's happy meal promotion. Perhaps something as big as the 1996 happy meal promotion for 101 Dalmations, or the big kids meal promotions Burger King had with Pokemon. That way there could be over a hundred characters released (though I don't expect 100 Muppets to have notable parts in the film), and if it's a happy meal/kids meal thing, kids wouldn't be picking out the toys they get (so no need to worry about whether the customers know the characters). An action figure or PVC set representing the movie would also be cool (I'd expect Walter to be included).

And I want some Muppet DVDs to be released. If nothing else The Muppet Show: Season Four (though I want that to come out sooner). It would be great if Disney would release the first-ever UNCUT DVD of A Muppet Family Christmas, remastered/restored from the original master tapes (just like what is supposedly being done for The Muppet Show DVDs), or The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years. Maybe the time of the release would be a good time to release better special editions of the movies, especially in blu-ray.

And I'd like some DVD releases of Muppet appearances, outside of what Disney owns (seems a few such appearances have been released lately). Maybe a compilation of Rowlf's appearances on The Jimmy Dean Show, Kermit's 1979 hosting gig on The Tonight Show, an official Sam and Friends DVD, and best of all, a 1 or 2-disc collection of Kermit's Sesame Street appearances. It would especially be great if Disney would allow for Sesame Workshop to use Kermit in special introductions for such a collection. In fact during the week of the new movie it'd be great if sesamestreet.org adds several Kermit clips to the site (though I don't want sesame workshop to hold off on adding kermit clips until then.... and I want some more classic clips added period).

I'd like for new Muppet comic books to be out in some way, rather they be new "Muppet Show Comic Book" issues done by different people, new "Muppet Classics", or comics with the characters as themselves outside the theater.

And I'd like for some new Muppet video games. Maybe something along the lines of Epic Mickey (would "Epic Muppets" or "Epic Kermit" be too much?). And some new viral videos. And I'd like ABC Family to have a special Muppet month or week (I read that ABC Family is about to have a Pixar week despite it being "25 Days of Christmas" and the fact that hardly any Pixar movies invovle Christmas).

And we need a Muppet book. Something like the Sesame Street 40th anniversary book. But representing the Muppet Studios' Muppets.
Ooh good list! A "Sesame Unpaved" type of Muppet book would indeed be wonderful. We WERE suppose to get such a thing for Fraggle Rock, but it got canceled. If youve ever seen that amazingly illustrated 1978 Muppet Show book, it'd be nice if they reprinted that or made a new one.

I think that would literally be my #1 dream come true, if a fast food place made a big Muppet meal premium on par with the Disney celebration one at Mcdonalds in the 90's, or the 101 Dalmation or Pokemon ones. Even just one on par with the 2003 Jack in the Box line would be a dream come true.
Unfortunatley...I dont think Mcdonalds does Disney anymore.

And an "Epic Kermit" game would be amazing, tho sadly I worry any new Muppet game may be more like the Party Cruise game or something more limited. I'd love a full on adventure game for the wii, 360 and ds. I think it'd be amazing and I know I'd buy it.

I agree, the Muppet comics NEED to continue no matter what.
And I agree, a best of Rowlf on the Jimmy Dean show would rock! Im grateful for the Best of Muppets on Ed Sullivan show

I just wanna see more Virmups and more of the comic books. Anything else will be just icing. Maybe a production vlog for the movie or something on their official YT channel.

Oh, and by all means get that Halloween special produced after a nice break after filming the movie.
Oh come on, you gotta think big! BIG! Comics and Youtube videos are just the standard. I agree though we need a steady stream of new content.

Also, I notice that since 2002 every year fan's keep begging for this "Halloween" special. Is there anything about this that is of particular interest? I understand the demand for Season 4 finally, and it's odd it has not been released.

beaker

Reaction score
...well in that case...

A television special about what makes the Muppets cool and Great Moments in Muppet History hosted by Muppet Freak blogger and Henson Historian d.w. mckim.

(Hey, i said it was a "dream" list!)
Like that "I Love The Muppets" Dutch special from a few years back? I do think a "Why We Love The Muppets/Behind The Scenes/Retrospective/Kermit interviewing random people on the street on why they love the Muppets" special would be PERFECT.

Seriously, I wear my furry animal, fozzie or kermit hat and everywhere I go people really have this strong positive reaction to it, like it just brings out this immense joy in ways that wearing other franchises might not

I'd love something like that.

My dream video game (would need to be on a high-end console or a PC or something):

Depending on how the movie plays out, I'd like to see some elements of the movie as the overall plot. Instead of Walter looking for the Muppets, though, you could have a choice to play him or as your own created whatnot (using existing and thought-about Muppet Workshop options). You hear that the Muppet Studios are under attack by the evil oil guy (seriously, how dated can this be when oil disasters happen in the news like every other month? *edit* and Disney and Henson both worked on Dinosaurs -- it'd be a major sin in my book if an oil magnate is your bad guy and Wesayso is NEVER referenced at all, LOL) and you need to bring everyone together because it was distressing to hear that everyone broke up. You reminisce by playing levels based on the various movies and shows. They could be narrative levels or mini-games. You would choose one of three Muppets to play as, such as Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy, Floyd, Animal, whoever. Who you pick would influence the details in the level (both the nostalgic levels and the current plot ones) as well as who congratulates you for bringing everyone together in the ending, though the other characters you didn't pick will decide to come if the one you picked decides to join you (based, perhaps, on objectives met or numerical score).

If you "die" or otherwise lose, the Game Over screen is S&W mocking your performance.

I would like to see trophies/achievements that encourage Muppety mayhem, such as baiting Crazy Harry into blowing stuff up or monsters eating characters/stuff, etc.

Why play levels based on earlier stuff? Well, Walter/your character is obsessed with the Muppets. The character knows very well that some of the Muppets' strongest works are about pulling together for a common good. By reliving these times, your character can plead more passionately with the character you chose to locate in that level.

I want multiple endings, depending if you got all three of those characters to sign on (at the least) or just a couple or maybe even none of the above (but you managed to get others, so it's not like you HAVE to have a bad ending where the Studios get bulldozed, although it's possible).
That sounds like some serious Muppet meta-verse shenanigans, I love it! I totally love that idea of being able to create your own character, and going back through acknowledged films and specials(ala Muppet Mayhem racing) and having to do this or that in a big epic quest. The S&W thing would be classic. Darn good idea!

That'd be AMAZING if there was just one Wesayso or BP Richfield sight gag or reference in the film. Maybe Chris Cooper rattles off a list of the competition and mentions Wesayo. Or we see a Wesayo logo somewhere.

Bubbadog

Reaction score
I haven't read all of these responses but I agree with them. All the same (at the risk of repeating some of them) here is my wish list:

-finish releasing the final muppet show seasons (2 years is a long time)
-release the muppets tonight series
-release the vintage muppet media (sam and friends, rowlfs jimmy dean show appearances, more commercials, tonight show appearances through the years from carson to present) to appease the masses (namely me, I'm a tall guy and could pass as a mass)
-release other specials like the muppets go to disney world and such
-a dvd release of the muppetvision 3d movie would be great
-a complete uncut release of a muppet family christmas
-drop the price on "letters to santa" as I refuse to pay 20 bucks for a 45 min special
-guest appearances on TV in general, just let us know when to watch
-release that terrific documentary from the 90's "the world of jim henson", its lack of distribution is a tragedy for us fans and those we want to teach about th imaginitive wonder surrounding hensons brilliant works
-a new tv show? (Hint hint)
-bring back the action figures, I like the action figures
-release more "guy friendly" clothing. I would like to see more tshirts with animal, pepe, sal the monkey, or bobo even. Why do girls get most of these, make them parodies if you have to
-give the swedish chef a primetime cooking show (I may be stretching a bit, lol)
-more muppet daily household items (coffee mugs, glassware, dishrag holders)
-posters
-wait to release the muppet show seasons on bluray until the dvds are released (I don't want to rebuy due to an uneven set, that's just annoying)
-muppet seat covers
-an electric mayhem band album, or guest appearance on late night tv
-new videogames
-more movies
- bring back muppet magazine?
-free downloadable short material online, come on, we buy your stuff give us some free internet candy to keep, please
-muppet wallpapers that aren't hastily made character photos in a fake frame. Sorry but even a hand drawn group picture is more exciting
-mousepads