New Video: "Stand By Me"

beaker

Reaction score
The clue's right there in his name!
Oh I love when he "eats" other characters. But bludgeoning them...just seems a bit brutal. (In the Sex and violence pilot, there's a skit where a Muppet creature appears to beat the other one to death)

But yeah, I couldnt be more pleased if they came out with Carl figures, figurines, plushes, etc. Im hoping Disney makes Carl into one of the main new characters soon

beaker

Reaction score
I also think another reason why some people may be disturbed by this new video is the fact that Carl eats a bunch of cute, innocent little bunny rabbits.

This brings to mind a couple of posts by Dave Ebersole, where he explained his hatred of Carl, stating things like that he makes a habit of eating cute, innocent little animals, which most monsters never do and he also said that Carl eats other characters with little or no provocation and sometimes even if they just disagree with him.

Anyway, while I can agree that a different ending might've been in order, "Stand by Me" is great for what it is.
There's a number of "bad guy" Muppets. Crazy Harry, Uncle Deadly, a number of the monsters, etc...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
But yeah, I couldnt be more pleased if they came out with Carl figures, figurines, plushes, etc. Im hoping Disney makes Carl into one of the main new characters soon
The plushes should come with Muppet Whatnots and critters to eat. :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think this is a part that really works. It's subtle Muppet reaction. Nobody necessarily TOLD Dave to do that. In all likelihood, the lines weren't scripted, but Dave being the pro that he is, he did it because it was right in the scene. That's something we've lost in some of the lesser productions of late, and the thought of having it back excites me greatly. Or, to put it another way, watching this video put me in the mood to write Muppet stuff.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Actually, when you said that it reminded me of another, similar character that Dave Goelz played. When Kermit is interviewing Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphone in the Raquel Welch episode, he asks the Muppaphones if it hurts. One of the Muppaphones, as played by Dave, very nervously asks, "Is Marvin still here?" "Right here!" The Muppaphone gulps. "Uh... no."

I do dislike it that they try to make a full blown character out of Carl, but as one of the other Muppet monsters who pops up and just eats, I like him a lot. The skit would have worked really well on The Muppet Show.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I do dislike it that they try to make a full blown character out of Carl, but as one of the other Muppet monsters who pops up and just eats, I like him a lot. The skit would have worked really well on The Muppet Show.
I think it could even have been used for a Muppets Tonight episode. Statler and Waldorf could easily have made their exchange of lines at the end in front of the television at the retirement home.:big_grin:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
There's a number of "bad guy" Muppets. Crazy Harry, Uncle Deadly, a number of the monsters, etc...
Not to mention Taminella Grinderfall, the 4 "Musicians of Bremen" robbers, the "Muppet Treasure Island" pirates...

Magellan

Reaction score
Hey, if Disney keeps this up we could get a new Muppet show. Well, that's just my opinion.
:crazy:
I would be ecstatic. For some reason even the idea seemed so far out of the realm of possibility that my mind could not come up with that wish on my on. Over all though, I enjoyed the video, it was nicely muppet show reminiscent but I really don't think it can hold a candle to the Bohemian Rhapsody.