Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

minor muppetz

Reaction score
He's eating chocolate ice cream in the photo. The picture's not from one of the Baker films but is from the film where Brian and another kid's playtime is intercut with footage of machinery. The two eat chocolate ice cream at the end when the other kid freezes and Brian asks "whatsamatter?" "I'm broken". Brian "winds him up" and the kid starts eating his ice cream super fast and robotic like as Brian giggles.
For some reason, I don't remember that part of the film. I recall the lines in that scene, but really only recall the kids playing in the sandbox, intercut with the machine footage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was at BAM today, so I had a chance to skim through the book during my visit... and oh my cow, this book is bigger than I realized... I mean, it's HUGE! It's going to take me a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to finish that thing whenever I get it.

Like someone else mentioned, I didn't take the time to actually read anything, but I did take the time to look at all of the pwnsome pictures, and there were some real doozies in there. My personal favorites were the different angle shots of the set, when it's standing, and as it was being taken apart and moved to another floor in the studio (so that explains the radical changes made to the set overall recently). It was interesting to see some set photos of from the first season and see that the brownstone building actually did have a second story on the studio... wonder why they got rid of it after that season? Oh well.

And I also, I really loved the pic of Jim and Frank posing in front of what has always been one of my favorite painted backdrops for some reason of the rooftops, TV antanias, factory chimneys, etc.

There's a possibility I'll be able to purchase this treasure soon, so I look forward to taking the time to sit down and actually read it as well. Although I didn't actually read much, I did spot one error in the text - the book states that the hurricane episodes from Season 32 are number 3176 - 3180, however, I have those episodes taped, and the correct episode numbers are 3976 - 3980.

Reaction score
I had the chance to get it for half price because B. Dalton was going out of business and I missed it! I only got to flip through it, but what I saw was amazing, and I really want to own it first chance I get.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I find it interesting that the section on Brian Meehl includes a picture of him performing the right hand of Deena Monster, considering he performed her partner Pearl. Then again, I guess it's possible that Frank Oz might have performed Ernie's right arm, or Richard Hunt could have performed Biff's right arm.

dmoss

Reaction score
Just thought you'd like to know this book is also on sale as a Bargain Book for only $12.96! That's an INCREDIBLE price for a coffee table reader like this one! I'd get a couple, and get them fast! I already grabbed one earlier, and might pick up another one if the sale lasts much longer! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Just thought you'd like to know this book is also on sale as a Bargain Book for only $12.96! That's an INCREDIBLE price for a coffee table reader like this one! I'd get a couple, and get them fast! I already grabbed one earlier, and might pick up another one if the sale lasts much longer! :smile:
Goodness! I might have to pick up another one at that price! Where is it available at that price? Barnes and Noble?

dmoss

Reaction score
Whoops! I forgot that part! It's on Amazon, in the Bargain Books location. :super:

Clicky!

TelephoneRock

Reaction score
I got my book for Christmas last year, and I practically fell in love with that thing! :flirt: I even watched the bonus DVD that contained the first episode, and I just loved it.

My favorite pages in the book are the ones with the title "Now I Know My ABCs", maybe because of that cute photo with the J friends! ^_^

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the page on David, there's a bit where it talks about a scene where Telly talked about emotions, seeing them kissing and saying "That's love". At the beginning of that paragraph, it says "Maria and David shared an on-screen kiss that's still fodder for fan gossip today", before talking about that scene. I had never heard of that scene before this book... Do any of us remember seeing it? At first when it mentioned the on-screen kiss I expected it to talk about their kiss from episode 796, the only one I know of that the fans have really been talking about (and that's only because it was cut on DVD).