The Jim Henson Hour's 20th anniversary

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember when the Jim Henson Hour was airing, I didn't understand that it was a TV series. I just thought there was an unusual amount of Muppet specials that year! Lol

Very fond in my memory is the Aquatic Life episode with Ted Dansen and Clifford. I remember the end of the evolution sketch where we don't know if humans will really clean up pollution and we see Kermit poignantly say to the audience, "....Goodnight everybody..." as whale songs play in the background.

And when Beaker got to make an appearance with the exercise shoes that forced him up to the ceiling and he shouted, "Oh no!" just before falling to the ground, lol. For some reason that used to scare me, lol.

Other highlights at that time were Lighthouse Island, Song of the Cloud Forest, Dog City and all the Storytellers.

And then later with Nickelodeon's Muppet Matinee I got to see the Secrets of the Muppets, Monster Maker and Living with Dinosaurs.

Other highlights were Bobby McFerrin's sound effects, Buster Poindexter's pure performance skills, Smokey Robinson's "When Will I See Her Again" and K.D. Lang (singing "I Love Trash" no less!)

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I liked Chattanooga Choo-Choo from the Science Fiction episode, and Sweet Vacation from the Monster Telethon episode.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
It seemed like a great show~ too bad it came on 20 years ago...~

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Happy anniversary, JHH! I hope that Henson and Disney do something to celebrate it!

beaker

Reaction score
So glad there's still love for Muppet Television(Jim Henson Hour's muppet half)

I was lucky, as I got to see the very first episode the night it premiered. I had already been a diehard Muppet fan for a decade and had gotten bored of the TMS reruns by then. I was just so taken and blown away, the whole "cyber" look of it. Digit(still one of my fave all time Muppets), Leon, Lindhberg, Zondra, Chip, etc. LOVED all those guys. I even still have the official Jim Henson Hour lunchbox!

I just wish theyd release the Muppet Television portions on dvd, like they did the Storyteller half hour episodes.

I also hope they bring back Digit someday!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree... Digit was a great puppet and a great character. I loved how JHH blurred the line between creature shop and the Muppet brand with such amazingly designed characters that look straight out of Dark Crystal or Labyrinth.

It truly was an under appreciated program (NBC's fault. It's like they pretended it was on another network). Dog City has always been a favorite of mine...