Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kermit tells Robin in The Muppet Movie that it is approximately how they got started. Future discrepancies aside I loosely base Muppet cannon on TMM.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kermit tells Robin in The Muppet Movie that it is approximately how they got started. Future discrepancies aside I loosely base Muppet cannon on TMM.
Yeah I mostly do that too. It certainly fits in with GMC. But then MTM comes along and confuses everyone! Lol, it's still my favorite though. :insatiable:

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I like to think of TMTM as a more realistic origin story for the Muppets, since the idea of a bunch of the Muppet crew being in college and trying to make it on broadway...leading up to present time when they perform in a rented out theater, made more sense to me than them randomly making it to Hollywood.

It fit better than the idea of them becoming rich and famous in Hollywood.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like to think of TMTM as a more realistic origin story for the Muppets, since the idea of a bunch of the Muppet crew being in college and trying to make it on broadway...leading up to present time when they perform in a rented out theater, made more sense to me than them randomly making it to Hollywood.

Well of course, but who said it had to be realistic when a frog can sing and dance :wink:? I think if anyone could suddenly become rich in famous in the dream like way, it is the muppets :excited:!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
unclematt said:
It doesnt matter because we all know that Kermit didnt meet Fozzie until they met at the El Sleezo Cafe.
Assuming of course that's canon. Like it was said, Kermit said TMM was an approximation. If Muppet Babies isn't canon because Piggy was making it up, how does Kermit making something up make it canon?

Emily doesn't have to remember the gang (though she did think Kermit was "the lizard"). If I met my classmates from kindergarten today I wouldn't recognize them, probably. I haven't seen them in 25 years. And besides the baby videos, let's not forget she ATTENDED an episode of TMS. She either doesn't remember because she couldn't (due to age or something) or she didn't want to.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I liked the special. It would have been great if it had more adult humor (and more characters), but it's okay. It's interesting how the Muppets were usually just hanging out in the apartment building hallway. Claire's apartment was the only one that we really saw the inside of.

And it feels great to see one of Bunsen's inventions not backfire on Beaker.

For me, the highlights were the musical numbers, Beaker using the wish machine, and Crazy Harry's quick cameo.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. But it will hopefully be better when it comes on DVD.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Okay. Here are my thoughts. I won't say too much here since there's not to much to say that hasn't been said in thirteen pages of posts. But anyway, I think it's a good idea to have Gonzo as a main character. After all, Kermit was the main character in IVAMCM, so I guess they couldn't think of much more they could have done with him. I do agree with whoever said it was out of character for Gonzo to not like flying like that when he usually enjoys doing daring stunts. I also think they could have done more with Piggy though. Her appearance here does seem to be lighter than it was in previous Muppet specials/movies. They could have shown part with her heading to the Carribean or something like that. As for David's Scooter, I think that needs improvement. He often sounds a bit too much like Baby Bear. About his Janice, well since she didn't have a lot of lines it's still hard to tell. Anyway, I liked this overall. I'll probably think of more to say later on. As for the cast list. Let me see if I can't figure this out.

Steve Whitmire: Kermit, Rizzo, Beaker, Statler
Eric Jacobson: Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Sam the Eagle
Dave Goelz: Gonzo, Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, Waldorf
Bill Baretta: Pepe, Bobo, Swedish Chef, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth
John Kennedy: Floyd
David Rudman: Scooter, Janice, Robin
John Henson: Sweetums

I don't know who performed Crazy Harry though. Also, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
John Kennedy wasen't in the cratics, so I don't think he did Floyd.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... After watching LTS last night and listening to My Best Christmas Yet just now on MCR... The part where Pepe talks to Claire and the arrival of Kevin the Snail are parts from the extended version. Makes me glad to have found that out. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score

I tend to mix it up, and think that TMM is loose cannon (A loose cannon?), but that instead of trying to get into Hollywood, they were getting into college. TMTM then follows on naturally.