Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight’s the night we’ve been waiting for! The Muppets return to prime time in the NBC Special, "A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa".

After you watch the show, post here and share your thoughts on all aspects of the special with fans from around the world.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow this is really turning out to be such a sweet story! I love Gonzo in this. He is really becomeing a heartfelt whatever! I'm going to have to get use to the new Scooter.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
This was so cute and funny - isn't it coming out on DVD? Nothing listed on Amazon or anywhere I checked :/

Skye

Reaction score
Gonzo is absolutely melting my heart!

This is such a sweet story. And it's so great to see so many different characters in this movie. Funny and heartfelt... very nicely done! :smile:

Shadowkai

Reaction score
I really liked the movie so did my parents. Gonzo was very very sweet in this movie which made me happy, but I gotta say my fave part is with Beaker and the christmas wish machine. XD I think he got what he wanted for christmas.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
WOW! So far so good! It's almost like a Gonzo Christmas special he's featured so much! I loved the heart song they sang. Plus, Crazy Harry's appearance was perfect! And Fozzie on the airplane wing: "We're winging it!" (Kermit: "That's not funny!")

So, now that it's over, I msut say it was good. Not great, but still good nonetheless. I loved the end, Robin and Rowlf even got to sing! 4/5 in my book!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea I love this stroy it really does have heart!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well...hmm...ok. I mean, every great entertainers go through their initial period of being edgy and appealing to all ages. Then eventually, inevitably, they get watered down. This has happened to the Muppets, it was just that time. I found the special very sweet, but targeted mainly at children. I do hope kids enjoy it, and perhaps will be persuaded to give the older specials a chance too. :smile:

Pros:

I adored Gonzo's song about being Santa Claus. It really represented what I would like Christmas to be about--generosity to others. How many people who go as far as Gonzo did to make things right? Not many. And they kept hope that there's always a way. :smile: :concern:

No bad pig jokes, thank you! The part where Kermit says he'd be the one to rub on the sun tan lotion was very cute, hehe.

And glad the band showed up at the end after all, it was very in character. And I did smile when Bunsen said, "Beaker, you came back!" Too bad they weren't featured just a bit more.

The jokes like the Muppets getting dumped from the garbage truck as Statler and Waldorf heckle, Crazy Harry and riding the wing of the plane were very Muppety. Koodos!

Cons:

Seriously, what's with all the ethnic stereotypes (the piegons, and the mob)? Is this 1910? Was the audience demanding dialect comedy? Very strange...

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I hate to say it (especially with the praise it's gotten so far here), but I was pretty disappointed with this one...I actually thought it was kinda bad at some parts.

It was far too kiddy to me, it felt more like something that Sesame Street should have done.

I have a few favorite moments: Beaker's girlfriend meeping like he does, Gonzo and Fozzie's duet (Gonzo's role in this movie was really sweet, loved that he sang nearly all the songs too), Bunsen cutting in so he could dance with Beaker *awwwww!* (is it just me, or did Bunsen look a little different?), the pigeons, Gonzo going through the metal detector, Piggy's hairstyle in the final scene (it looked really nice on her), the Piggy/Kermit moments were cute too.

The plot just seemed thrown out there, with little to no effort put into it for me...and the Muppets seemed watered down to me.