Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Yup!

Yep, totally knew the singer was Steven's ex-wife. It is also one of my top favorite movies. The amazing work and dedication that went into that....just speechless. That movie paved the way for so many more opportunities. Plus I love Jessica rabbit...so...we'll see how it works out. I am so jealous about those cels, I would love to see them....pweety pweeze...:wink:

Let's not talk too much about Jessica when the topic of discussion is about Daphney, you know how diva's can be....LOL:embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Muppetguy, Maybe because the lip color is a light pink? I tried the full lips mouth and didn't like it. I rather the lips confined because in my eyes, it looks like she is kissing constantly/when you smoosh your lips together. (Not sure if this makes sense to anyone, maybe someone can explain it better). About the nose issue, I only like the round noses to be honest with you. I dislike the other shapes, it's only my oppinion though.

Frogboy, Thanks for the comments. I am trying to figure out which song to lip sync her to. My original idea was the song that Jessica Rabbit sings when we first meet the character in the ink and paint night club called, Why don't you do right" in the movie Roger Rabbit. Sorry for being so explicit on the movie, but someone where I work acctually didn't know who roger rabbit was...LOL. We will see. I just need some time to do it.

I'll keep you posted!
Yeah, I guess that lipstick doesnt have to follow the full width of the lips.I just thought of Janice, and realised her lips dont go the full length .

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I got mine on Tuesday. Very nice. A little tighter on nthe hand than most puppets and I wish you wouldn't see a little of the inside mouth when you close it, but considering this was meant to be a children's toy it is pretty nice. I already used him in a show for the school I teach at.

ploobis

Reaction score

muppet baby

Reaction score
cool what not slimy , i love the name that you picked i hope that i am going to be able to make one when i go NYC next weekend .:smile:

slimey

Reaction score
Thanks Muppet Baby & Muppetguy , I'm glad you like him .

Ploobis , you went with the blue head/blue pointed nose too , eh ? I hadnt seen many with that combo but I wanted it because it looked more like the head was one whole molded piece . I probably wont be as picky with my second , or third , or fourth.......I can see these things becoming very addicting

maydaymuppet

Reaction score
I was very excited about my WhatNot but when I got it, it didn't look quite right to me, kind of like a boy muppet in drag who's really surprised and has a receding hairline. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it was just not what I had in mind when I designed it. However, because the folks who make them were kind enough to use super glue it was easy enough for me to make the modifications to adjust the muppet to be like I wanted. If anyone else has this issue of the muppet not being quite what they had in mind here's some tips. The pointy edge of a clothes iron makes short work of the glue that holds the eyes and hair on the muppet, don't iron directly on the eyes or the heat will damage them, work the iron under the objects, then just re-glue them where you want them to be. If your muppet needs a little face-lift because it looks a little too male, just do an invisible stitch along the seam around under the ear, pulling about a quarter-to-half- inch of the face backward and voila, instant girl! I love my WhatNot. She's awesome. And the adjust-it yourself was fun to figure out.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I was very excited about my WhatNot but when I got it, it didn't look quite right to me, kind of like a boy muppet in drag who's really surprised and has a receding hairline. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it was just not what I had in mind when I designed it. However, because the folks who make them were kind enough to use super glue it was easy enough for me to make the modifications to adjust the muppet to be like I wanted. If anyone else has this issue of the muppet not being quite what they had in mind here's some tips. The pointy edge of a clothes iron makes short work of the glue that holds the eyes and hair on the muppet, don't iron directly on the eyes or the heat will damage them, work the iron under the objects, then just re-glue them where you want them to be. If your muppet needs a little face-lift because it looks a little too male, just do an invisible stitch along the seam around under the ear, pulling about a quarter-to-half- inch of the face backward and voila, instant girl! I love my WhatNot. She's awesome. And the adjust-it yourself was fun to figure out.
I remember my puppet came with documentation that if any of the facial features fall off, etc. they can be reattached on your own with the hot glue gun. Though they're put on pretty sturdy from the beginning to withstand a lot of wear and tear (I guess they figure a lot of people will buy them for their children).

When I first got mine (I bought it in store) I was nervous about my puppet's nose because I chose the thinner pointier one and it got snagged a little taking it in and out of the plastic drawstring bag. He's held up fine though but I have him more for display purposes than use.

Status
Not open for further replies.