Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that at the start of Grover's Health Minutes: Teeth that a director is heard saying "action!"

I have wodnered if Sesame Workshop would officially add segments to it's youtube channel and hulu that aren't on the site, and it seems like it has. I found Bert and Ernie In the Pyrimid at youtube and hulu, but not on sesamestreet.org, and I searched for Ernie and Bert on that site.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Man, it seems like quite a few clips have been removed. Prairie Dawn Invites 3, The Sound of Music, 123 Sesame Street, World Without Music... What's going on? I guess some are due to musical rights issues, but shouldn't those have been cleared before uploading them (unless certain online music rights were for a limited amount of time)? I don't know what would be wrong with the Prairie Dawn sketch, unless maybe Cookie Mosnter was performed by somebody who didn't normally perform (just speculation, no need to start a rumor...).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I knew about JF's World Without Music and I figure there was some copyright claim but as for other?

I tried emailing the site and for whatever reason it didn't go through.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I knew about JF's World Without Music and I figure there was some copyright claim but as for other?
Well, The Sound of Music does have audio from the soruce material (either the movie or the soundtract). Then againb, that sketchw as on teh original video player, and has been on the new site for half a year. It's still on youtube, though for soem reason there's a "trial version" note on-screen the whole tiem(but on the up side, it's the original version with Allistair Cookie's pipe).

mikebennidict said:
I tried emailing the site and for whatever reason it didn't go through.
I have emailed the site a few times. It's very hard to find where to send the e-mail, but I have never gottena respons efor any e-mails I have sent.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Man, it seems like quite a few clips have been removed. Prairie Dawn Invites 3, The Sound of Music, 123 Sesame Street, World Without Music... What's going on? I guess some are due to musical rights issues, but shouldn't those have been cleared before uploading them (unless certain online music rights were for a limited amount of time)? I don't know what would be wrong with the Prairie Dawn sketch, unless maybe Cookie Mosnter was performed by somebody who didn't normally perform (just speculation, no need to start a rumor...).
Well, somebody sent me a private message on another forum, proving to me that the Prairie Dawn sketch is indeed still on the site.

Nick22

Reaction score
those clips were awesome! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than today's SST

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've thought of something that would be cool for the 40th anniversary: an "anniversary day". But also in celebration, maybe this november 10 the site should add several first season clips, or just clips from the first week, or even clips from just the first episode (even though it's commercially available).

If clips from the first episode were to be added on the anniversary of the first broadcast, then I think it should add the opening scene from episode 1, Oscar's introduction, Henson clay S, Jazz #2, Henson #2, and Kermit's W lectures. If the week could include material from the first week, then perhaps, in addition to most of that stuff, the site can include Henson E claymation, Kermit's "more and less" lecture, Jazz #3, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (though I doubt it'll be included anytime soon), Ernie's three/ tree/ llama drawing, and the eggs and cookie film, plus several Buddy and Jim segments and street scenes.

wiley207

Reaction score
I saw the I Beam on there too-as is every bit o' litter hurts (what year is that one from)?

BTW, I saw the I-Beam there too. I was surprised they decided to put it under "Science and Technology." I thought it would've been in the Letters/Alphabet heading. I guess CTW finally figured it out that it isn't as good to show as part of teaching the letter "I." (I have heard rumors about how it would have a deep menacing voice say "I." at the end, but any time I've seen it online, be it YouTube or the official video website, it just ends with the dramatic freezeframe thing, it reminds me of some kind of scary production logo you would see at the end of a TV show in the late 1970s or early 1980s).

Also, they put up the Mysterious Theater segment about the Missing Toast (I am surprised they did, for a while there were NONE of those segments on that site, and I thought maybe CTW banned Vincent Twice in the late 1990s because they heard he and the Mysterious Theater intro were scaring the crap out of kids.)