2008 Menu Descriptions

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is the new requested thread marking 2008 menu descriptions. The New Years Manhattan Melodies one has passed. The description of it is here in the 2007 Christmas Menu Description Thread.

:wink: Remembering Richard Hunt :flirt:

Richard Hunt and his beloved signature characters pop up in the traditional Muppet Central red arches while sparks briefly twinkle around them.

From left to right: Sweetums, Wayne, Beaker, Scooter, Muppet Central Logo with Remembering Richard Hunt banner atop, Richard Hunt, Janice, Statler, Junior Gorg.

:eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:excited: Fraggle Rock 25th Anniversary Menu :smirk:

Fade in on a bluish cavern landscape with doozers in vehicles, some driving around, and standing on the towers being built. A cave in the center is filled with a Muppet Central logo in a yellow Fraggle font with a red drop shadow. Two doozers ride down on a contraption to hang a purple banner reading “25 Years of Fraggle Rock” and move back up out of frame once the job is done. Gobo and Red slide in to frame the logo as sparks twinkle around the menuscape.

From left to right: Uncle Traveling Matt peeks through a Fraggle hole leading to Doc’s workshop in “outerspace”. Sprocket’s yellow bowl is unattended until he pops in on rollover activation. On rollover next to him, but in the Fraggle Rock domain, Cantus appears playing his flute. Sidebottom Boober, head in his hands and wearing a hat, pops up from behind a small rock next to Cantus. Gobo strums his guitar on rollover. To the right of the logo, Red shakes a single colorful maraca on rollover. A seated Wembley pops up on rollover and plays his bongo drums. Mokey pops up with a colorful pink staff that has googly eyes. On the far right side of the menu Marjorie the Trash heap can be seen through the cave opening leading to the Gorg’s garden. Philo and Gunge are very tiny resting next to her as always. Some of the Gorg’s Castle can also be seen. Upon rollover, a giant blinking Junior Gorg eye peeps through the hole.

Happy Birthday Fraggle Rock! I really love this menu. It was originally created for Fraggle Rock’s 20th Anniversary. Master Muppeteer and Fraggle performer Karen Prell reminded me of the anniversary in 2003 and this was quickly designed and completed in a matter of hours. If not for her the 20th anniversary would have not been represented in the menu that year as it had escaped my attention. I’m glad it’s still here in this new resurgence of Fraggles in entertainment!

:excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Thank you Jamie. Beautiful as ever. And nice to get the FR menu today. Happy Silver Anniversary to the heart that rocks like a Fraggle and rules like a Gorg!

*Credits Bo for that quote.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Muppet Central 10th Anniversary Menu :wink:

A red curtain with the yellow and white Muppet Central logo raises to reveal several more curtains of different colors (purple, silver and blue) opening mimicking the “Another Opening for Another Show” Muppet Show segment.

A silver backdrop of buildings as in “The Muppets Take Manhattan” and the Hollywood sign, as in “The Muppet Movie” is revealed. Two spotlights frame the composition on either side and tilt casting light beams from up to a downward resting position. There is a Sesame Street sign and lamp posts on the left (it displays the classic CTW rather than 123) and Luna, the moon from Bear in the Big Blue House is on the right hand side of the menu.

A colorful rainbow prop is the one accent of color in the composition until the yellow and white Muppet Central logo rises underneath it. The curved white words “Celebrating 10 Years” slide in on the top arch of the rainbow. Little twinkles sparkle in the background.

Everyone wears a tux with a black tie. Kermit and Miss Piggy frame the rainbow. Piggy’s in a little black dress, but retains her signature purple gloves. Robin pops up on Kermit’s rollover, Pepe pops up on Piggy’s rollover.

Big Bird glides in to Kermit’s left, Bear on Piggy’s right. Elmo appears on Big Bird’s rollover, Tutter appears on Bear’s rollover. Next to each is an empty space that Earl and Baby Sinclair pop up on rollover to Big Bird’s left, a tuxedo and black-bowed Red with a doozer pop up on rollover to Bear’s right.

Under the Sesame Street sign to the far left of the composition are Grover, a top-hat-sporting Fozzie Bear and Rizzo the rat hang out in the background. They duck upon rollover revealing a tux Oscar in his can and a tux Little Bird standing on a mailbox while Bert & Ernie soar in on their “Follow That Bird” airplane. It has a moving propeller and bobs in place until rollout when it soars up and away.

Under the Hollywood sign on the far right of the composition are Roosevelt Franklin, Rowlf and Gobo hanging out in the background. Upon rollover the duck revealing Animal, Janice and Floyd sitting on the “Muppet Movie” cardboard church set in the distance as a classic purple tux Gonzo glides in hanging onto a bunch of colorful balloons. (He’s the only one allowed to have a colorful tux.) Upon rollout he glides away and Rowlf and the gang pop back up.

It was 10 years ago on January 28th, 1998 that Muppet Central started. The site inspired me to join the staff in the fall of 2002. Thank you Phillip and all of the Muppet Central staff for all you do!

:zany:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Cheers wildly. This is indeed the greatest celebrational Muppetational Centralitional menu yet! Thank you Jamie for creating these and I wish you nothing but success in the coming year.

And happy birthday Muppet Central!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Valentine’s Menu :mad:

Muppet Central’s classic red Muppet Show arches now shaped like hearts, lower on to the screen. They are adorned with pillars, gold leaf decoration and bulb lights atop the shapes. The center heart reads “Happy Valentine’s Day” in white pseudo-cursive lettering. Pepe, dressed as Cupid with white fluttering wings, ballet shoes and a sash, floats in, shoots his bow and arrow turning the greeting into a shower of hearts and flies away. This disappears and the classic yellow and white Muppet Central logo takes its place. Famous Muppet couples pop into place behind the heart arches. Each couple shares one heart while representing two separate links. From left to right: Gonzo (in purple tux) with Camilla (holding a red heart), Floyd (in a red suit and tie and green hat) with Janice (with ponytail, pink top and holding a heart), Miss Piggy (classic long hair, pink shirt and holding a heart) with Kermit, Rizzo (in red cap and red and yellow jacket) with Yolanda Rat (with blond hair, her pink and white waitress uniform and holding a heart). On each character rollover the half of the light bulbs above them illuminate, pink juicy hearts float and cascade behind them lit from behind and the Muppet turns to kiss or face his/her mate except Kermit who grimaces.

:rolleyes:

Luke

Reaction score
I loved this menu, a particularly nice piece of art that one. Well done Jamie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Muppet Central St. Patrick’s Day Green Swamp Menu :smile:

A field of large green lily pads rest atop the swamp menuscape with a rainbow framed large four leaf clover in the center. Small green clovers gently fall from the sky like floating snowflakes. Reeds frame the menu with a frog on either side. Robin pops up to the left of the rainbow. He’s wearing a shiny green leprechaun hat with a brass buckle band around it. Kermit pops up to the right. He’s wearing a sparkly green bow tie. The Muppet Central logo fades in between them as an arch shaped “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” greeting swoops in above the logo and rests on top of the rainbow. On rollover Robin lifts up a sparkling pot of gold. On rollover Kermit strums his signature banjo.

From the left: On News rollover a Muppet alligator rises from the swamp, on Collectibles rollover an au natural version of Bill (the frog with a tiny patch of hair from The Muppets Take Manhattan) froggily bounces up, on Articles rollover Blotch (from Kermit’s Swamp Years) bounces up and is sporting a sparkly green bow tie.

From the right: On Radio rollover Goggles (the frog with glasses from Swamp Years) bounces up, on Cards rollover Croaker (the bluish frog from Swamp Years) bounces up and is wearing a headband with two decorative four leaf clover antenna, on Help rollover Horace D’Fly (the green fly from Swamp Years) swoops in and flutters his wings while he bobs and hovers.

I thought of making the Leprechaun Brothers (Animal, Beaker and Swedish Chef) for this menu, but decided to go Kermit swamp green instead. It just appeared more visually festive and appropriate. Without sound and puppetry the Leprechaun Brothers gag didn’t work as well. Plus, any excuse to give Kermit a banjo (however silent) pleases me. I am the frogboy after all.
:coy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. This thread was in need of an update. I like Robin probably the best out of all that. Was there no spot to fit in Gil and/or Jill from TMTM as well?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This thread was in need of an update. I like Robin probably the best out of all that. Was there no spot to fit in Gil and/or Jill from TMTM as well?
Naked Jill? That might be too risque for Muppet Central. He he. Actually I was going to use a generic Muppet frog, but liked Bill's look better so I used the generic frog body with Bill's head. :wink:

Easter is just around the corner and we will have the "cutest" menu of the assortment. :concern: