2008 Menu Descriptions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha... *Laughs at it all lovingly. Home run as always Jamie.
:insatiable: :super: :hungry:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Remembering Jim Henson :stick_out_tongue:

In this menu the site's red arches rade in as usual. A banner that reads "Remembering Jim Henson" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinking glitter sparkles briefly while Jim's characters pop up into the arches along with Jim Henson himself to the right of the logo while Kermit is to the left. On Kermit's side (left to right) the Swedish Chef, Rowlf and Ernie appear. On Jim's side (left to right) Dr. Teeth, Waldorf and Cantus Fraggle appear. The Henson image used is one of a younger Jim. This menu celebrates the life of a man we lost on this day in 1990.
:sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:mad: Celebrating Frank Oz Menu :embarrassed:

In this menu the site's red arches rade in as usual. A banner that reads "Celebrating Frank Oz" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinking glitter sparkles briefly while Frank's characters pop up into the arches along with Frank Oz himself to the right of the logo while a glamorous modern, yet classic looking, Miss Piggy is to the left. On Piggy's side (left to right) Sam the Eagle, Bert and Animal appear. On Frank's side (left to right) Cookie Monster, Fozzie Bear and Grover appear. The Oz image used is one of a modern Frank.
:super:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:coy: Muppet Central Father’s Day Menu :smirk:

Fade in on a blue sky daylight watercolor landscape of the Gorgs’ garden. A purple and white Muppet Central rises to the center beneath a golden banner reading “Happy Father’s Day” that drops down. The logo is framed by Pa Gorg on the left and Junior Gorg on the right who both rise into view. The landscape includes the Fraggle hole, the well, the castle the radish patch and the Trash Heap area.

From left to right:
News rollover - Boober bounces out of the Fraggle hole. Collectibles rollover – Red bounces up holding a radish from the garden. Articles rollover – Ma Gorg, holding a pie, pops out of an open door of the castle in the background. Forum rollover – Pa Gorg winces (his eyes blink and his mouth opens and closes) and Uncle Traveling Matt peeks out around from on Pa’s back on the left. Guides rollover – Junior Gorg winces (his eyes blink and his mouth opens and closes) and Gobo peeks out around from on Junior’s back on the right. Radio rollover – Mokey bounces up clutching a big radish from the garden. Cards rollover – Wembley bounces up clutching a radish from the garden. Help rollover – Marjory (already visible) is joined by Philo and Gunge who pop up in their respective places around her.

I enjoy this menu as it was a challenge to make. This was created years before any DVDs came out and screen captures were hard to come by. Patching together the landscape was laborious and fun. It is, however, just an approximation. I remember Phillip and I spoke about devising a father-child menu and this was the idea that we believed to be the most fitting. Kermit and Robin aren’t quite the same deal (even considering the Tiny Tim dynamic of MCC) and nothing else seemed to be as regal. It also is a great way to bring the Fraggles into the menu once again. Even though there is a father-son dynamic, I also like the Matt-Gobo connection here too. Enjoy.
:excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:attitude: Muppet Central’s Independence Day Menu :super:

Fade in: on a skyline framed with San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge rising from the left connecting to Manhattan’s Brooklyn Bridge descending on the right. Tracers of light stream by on the busy bridge as commuters make their way to their July 4th celebrations. Mount Rushmore (the Muppety version) under the Golden Gate and to the right of the Bay Area’s hilly landscape. To its right is the Alamo and then the White House directly center in the composition. The New York skyline assortment of building is visible to the right of our nation’s Capitol and under the Brooklyn Bridge. Fireworks explode all over the menuscape.

The Muppet Central Logo in red and white centers the composition over the White House. Kermit is to the left wearing a red, white and blue tux and top hat. The hat is white on the top, red in the middle and has a blue band with white stars around the base. Upon rollover Kermit tips his hat and it sparkles. His tux is blue with a white shirt and a red bow tie. Miss Piggy is to the right of the logo. She is sporting Lady Liberty’s green patina colored dress, tablet torch and spiky headdress; however she is in color with her blond hair in an up-do and still donning her signature purple gloves. Upon rollover she raises the torch and it lights up!

From left to right: (Left of Kermit)

Upon rollover of News- Uncle Traveling Matt rises in front of the Golden Gate Bridge dressed as Uncle Sam and pointing. His top hat has red and white vertical stripes, a blue band at the base with a white star on it and a red rim. His tux coat and bow tie are blue. He also has a red vest and white shirt.

Upon rollover of Collectibles- A red San Francisco trolley car, with an American Flag on the side, zooms in from under the bridge and stops in front of Mount Rushmore. Bert and Ernie (with straw vaudevillian hats) are passengers while Bear, sporting a blue uniformed cap, is driving the car. He is ringing the bell with one hand and holding Tutter with the other. Upon rollout the car drives and sinks out of view.

Upon rollover of Articles- Three saluting green Frogscouts rise in front of Rushmore. Their outfits’ caps and shirts are blue while their handkerchiefs are red. The middle frog is the only one with eyelids.

(Right of Miss Piggy)

Upon rollover of Radio- Super Grover pops up in front of the Empire State Building. He is wearing his signature helmet and an American flag in place of his cape. His right arm is raised as to say, “Never fear, Super Grover is heeeeere!”

Upon rollover of Cards- Sam Eagle pops up wearing the crazy sparkly outfit from the Elton John Muppet Show episode. His top hat has red white and blue vertical stripes to match his bow tie. He is also wearing a spiky blue cape with red trim. Sam’s mouth is open as if to say, “Any indignity for patriotism,” or something of that sort. The funniest bit is that he’s also holding a lit sparkler!

Upon rollover of Help- Waldo swoops in and hovers over the Brooklyn Bridge. He adds more exploding fireworks and stars around him. He is, of course, in red white and blue. His hat has all three color stripes, his bow tie is red and white striped and his blue body has three white stars on it. His red and yellow butterfly tail is unchanged. Upon rollout he flies away.

The Muppets have always had a little bit of a tongue-in-cheek patriotic side so I designed this menu to represent not only many of Jim Henson’s characters, but also the spirit of how the Muppets did this sort of thing. It also shows a coast to coast look at America in a fun way. The connecting of the bridges an intentional statement saying we are all connected. I would still like to do a multicultural/global menu in the future. But for now this one will do.

May the nation and the world improve over the next year and may the next July 4th find us all independent from war.
:smile:
I believe in a chance for peace!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
May the nation and the world improve over the next year and may the next July 4th find us all independent from war.
That would be amaizng and I am all for peace myself. But let's not forger that the reason we have independence in the first place it because we had to fight for it.:attitude:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:sing: Jerry Nelson Celebration Menu :batty:

In this menu the site's red arches rade in as usual. A banner that reads "Celebrating Jerry Nelson" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinking glitter sparkles briefly while Jerry's characters pop up into the arches along with Nelson himself to the right of the logo while Floyd Pepper is to the left. On Floyd's side (left to right) Scred (from Gorch), Strangepork and Gobo appear. On Jerry's side (left to right) the Count, Robin and Lew appear.

:search: I hope all is well with Mr. Nelson and I am so very thankful for the legacy of joy he has given us all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:cool: Dave Goelz Celebration Menu :concern:
In this menu the site's red arches drop in as usual. A banner that reads "Celebrating Dave Goelz" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinkling glitter sparkles briefly while Dave's characters pop up into the arches along with a modern photo of Goelz himself to the right of the logo while Gonzo is to the left. On Gonzo's side (left to right) Digit (from the Henson Hour), Zoot and Bunsen appear. On Dave's side (left to right) Boober Fraggle, Sir Didymus (from Labyrinth) and Beauregard appear.

It is largely known that Dave Goelz is my favorite Muppet performer. Gonzo holds a special place in my heart as does Boober in the Fraggle end of the spectrum. He is the soul of the Muppets past and present in my frogboy opinion.

Thank you Mr. Goelz for the special spark you have brought me and all of your fans over the years.

:confused: