Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I thought since Gonzo is going up for pre-order next week that we gave him his own thread. Amy posted pictures for us to see at trivia this Friday and I thought I would share them with you. It looks like his nose is not made out of the same material that it was for SDCC. Amy also said that is nose is still being tweaked a little bit as we speak. I think he looks great! So I hope you all like him! :concern:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/gonzocukl9.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/gonzoloungeoz4.jpg

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Looks fabulous! Is that the suit he will be coming in?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. Gonzo deserves his own thread now!

:eek: I'm still not thrilled about this replica. Gonzo, being one of my favorite Muppets, I always look forward to his products the most! One thing is for certain - I will buy him!

The photograph so far is underwhelming and smart-blur filtered in Photoshop. I hope Master Replicas takes advantage of the comments about their quality product being diminished by poor photography. I hope that's the case here. :zany:

The tux still seems a bit bright-colored and the eyes look a little different than expected. I wonder about the nose and texture. The color seems flatter than the puppet in these photos, but we'll see. I understand how annoying critiques can be when showing preliminary images of an in-the-works prototype.

I am excited and it's good to hear from the company. I will be getting the blue whatever. I just don't know how cool he'll be yet. :concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I know, I wished that I could have taken the pictures. I could have done a lot better. I noticed that the nose is not made out of the mech stocking kinda thing. It looks a lot smoother than before. I know his nose is not made out of foam and it is hard to replicate that. But I think he looks great. I know that the shipping is going to be probably pretty long before we get him. We will have to wait and see.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Honestly I can't say I like him. I'm not a fan of the solid-colour nose (and with it being a solid texture it further looks "off"), the eyelids seem too thin, and that suit colour really doesn't look right to me.

I'm really torn about getting him - I wanted to be able to show support for the line so that Fozzie will be made, but I can't justify spending a considerable sum of money for something that I think I will probably look at each day and be disappointed with. I know that the people at Master Replicas have worked really hard on this item, and I don't want to belittle those efforts, but ultimately I don't think it's a success.

I'm really worried about the continuation of this line past Gonzo.

MWoO

Reaction score
Thats cause that pic is rather blurred. Not really a good comparison.

I still don't really like this poser. The prototype was far superior, and I don't just mean the nose.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
The reality here is that we are not going to get perfect, and we are not going to get Terry's version either. He still looks like Gonzo. I think for MR sake, that the foam thing would not do in this case, and I agree with them. I am not going to nit pick at this photo puppet to high expectations, but I am happy to the fact that they are going to make him and I will enjoy him with the rest of the gang. So his nose is not perfect, but it looks far better than it did before at SDCC. Like I said, he looks like Gonzo, and I am happy with that.

Telly

Reaction score
I'll DEFINATELY be getting him!

Status
Not open for further replies.