Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Oh dear..........either a bad photographer OR I think this might be one Ill not get. The suit looks weird , well he just looks off...........but I know that Ill change my mind! Not that impressed MR, you blew us over with Kermit, almost did it with Animal and this, hope you can get the rest spot on.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I addressed the suit color with Amy. I will wait for a reply maybe next week sometime I hope. I let her know that the suit suppose to be a burgandy color and not red, and if there is still time to change it. I also sent her an example of a picture of Gonzo with his real colored suit.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I love him!

Ok, my opinnion of the whole thing is that I really like him. He looks like Gonzo and by far the BEST gonzo product ever made. Do realize, companies like MR try their best to make it the best they can and will NOT make a product that is unsatisfactory for the buyers with unsatifactory materials that might not last. They had their best interest for us. I will and am waiting very patiently for next week to pre-order him. Remember, this is THE ONLY photo puppet that is ever going to be made of Gonzo, so the choice is yours. I know I want a product that will last as long as I live. We need to support MR, they have been trying their hardest. Another thing, prototypes.....the acctual product never really ends up looking exactly like the protoype, there are always changes, especially with the materials to make the product. MR has my vote, I will be pre-ordering Gonzo and will definitly buy Fozzie and Miss Piggy. I have always wanted photo puppets of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo, and will be very happy with all of them displayed together. I'm not trying to seem upset, but these photo puppets are an opportunity to own the best product that wll ever be made of our favorite muppet characters (likeness, material, size, etc.), and I want to make sure we see Fozzie and Piggy, I would be utterly dissapointed if we did not see these two characters. The team wouldn't be complete. Thank you all for hearing me out. And thank you Amy for those quick pics! I truly like the pose where he is lying down lounging, Cute!:concern:

chequepoint

Reaction score
How can anyone make a decision off of these photos? They're clearly photoshopped, so I don't trust them. Why must MR remove the background, smooth things out, etc. Show me what the product looks like as you photographed it.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hmm, looks to me that it's the same material, just blurred or softened with PhotoShop as others have stated.

I still see problems, namely: his pupils are too high and spread apart on his eyeballs, and his upper lip is too pronounced. I just made some quick (and I mean quick, not going for quality) adjustments to the close-up shot MR provided, just to give everyone an idea of what looks good IMO.

Not lookin' to ruffle any feathers here, but most of you who frequent these MR Replica threads know that I'm a huge supporter of these photo Muppet replicas. Just like everyone else, I want to see the best possible product made.

Take a Look!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pictures, MuppetCaper. I appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

But I'm going to need to see better pictures before I even consider pre-ordering. I still don't like the nose, especially in the picture where he's laying down. It's too smooth. His eyelids are still foam, so what's the big deal with foam?

Anyway, based on these pics, I'll pass on Gonzo. I want a replica, not an approximation.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Amy said that they are still tweaking his nose, that they are not finished with it. I am thinking on getting two of them so later on, I can find someone who can airbrush it or make it look like foam for me. I know this one guy at my local mall who does awesome work on airbrushing and he said he can replicate the look of foam after I showed him the picture. What I might also do is to wait and see when I get him on how he will actually look. Not really sure.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
KermieBaby47 - you should definitely send Master Replicas your tweaked representation. The pupil placement alone could help salvage the character. You are also correct about the upper jaw placement. Theirs hangs too low. Seriously, send them this. Besides, I know this well that it sometimes leads to bigger things.

It was said earlier that this, by far, was the best Gonzo product ever represented. That is a million times true about Terry's prototype. But, as represented here, the Gonzo photo puppet does not touch near to the Palisades representation that Palisades (and I) worked on. I was actually psyched to have MR top the design! Terry, as usual, did such a beyond spectacular job! I want a Terry Angus replica that can make me a Gonzo replica. He he! I'm starring at the Mega Gonzo right now and feel gravely disappointed by the images that have been released. :concern:

I have said I would get him and I will, but MR really should start listening to these critiques and take them seriously if they want continued success. I know this is an early critique on an altered photograph, but it seems like they are nearly there with the likeness, but cut-out some of the consumer comments that could have greatly aided them. Fans tend to be the best experts and we're the ones shelling-out the dough. I'm not really upset by this. Just a little confused. :confused:

I had a feeling that the lower projected SRP on Gonzo was going to be due to the fact that they gave up on a few key aspects of design. I will be getting him, but Dave Goelz, Jim Henson and Gonzo himself really do deserve a better likeness. :sympathy:

Let's hope that this is somehow mistaken-prototype identity.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Nice tweak to the pupils KermieBaby! I don't know why MR can't ever get the pupils right. The eyes are the MOST IMPORTANT feature to a good likeness. Gonzo does look a tad better than the proto at Comic Con....but he is not there yet. I am very curious to see the final MR website pics.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks fellas!

I sent Amy a PM over on the MR Board, as well as posting the same image in a thread that MuppetCaper started over there. I know it's probably too late to change his upper lip, but hopefully they can fix his pupils. Time will tell!

Really itchin' to get these guys in my home, but I'm really not sure if I'll be adding Gonzo to my collection as he is now. Animal (& presumably Fozzie, depending on how well China does with him) is a definite, just waiting to see that charge go through on the card.

Bring on The Muppets!

Status
Not open for further replies.