Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploobis

Reaction score
I know that "Lefty" was voiced by Jim Henson in this sketch, and that Jim Henson also voiced Mean Floyd from The Muppet Musicians of Bremen... but don't those two voices sound EXACTLY alike? Even that "oooooooooh!"
Yeah they do! I also love the voices that Richard Hunt & Jerry Nelson were doing for Benny & The Boss!

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Here is my wish list of SS segments I hope to see on"Sesame Street Old School Volume 2".

Bob and Luis And The Train

Ernie and Bert And The Fan

Ernie and Bert's Broken Faucet

Super Grover:The Apple

Grover The Waiter:The Giant Hamburger

The Pink Panther K For Karate

Jerry & The Monotones
SAD
The Telephone Rock(full length version)

Some more Harvey Kneeslapper skits

Ernie and Cookie Monster And The Pillow

P Painting(with Mona Lisa)

Kermit and Grover:Going Up The Stairs

The Count and Ernie:Answering The Telephone

The Goat(who"Gets Maaaaad")

The Yak

Grover's Letter to Amy

Subway

Kermit's NewsFlashes
Litttle Miss Moffat
The Big Bad Wolf and The Three Little Pigs

It would also be cool if this set included"Julie On Sesame Street"or the gang's trip to New Mexico.

I would also like to see episodes with Buffy Saint Marie.

dabauckham

Reaction score
COOL! Thanks for sharing. Can't believe we might have a new old school set by early November! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's great to know that Don Music will be on this set (I assume that the websites source is from either Sesame Workshop or Genius Products). It's interesting that the article mostly mentions the more obscure characters (Don Music, Guy Smiley, Roosevelt Franklin, and Fat Blue).

mjb1124

Reaction score
Well, this is a nostalgia set, so it makes sense to play up the "forgotten" characters rather than the ones you can still see on the present-day SS.

What I found interesting is that according to the article, the set has over 8 hours of material. So it's likely that we'll see more episodes and/or a wider array of bonus material than in Vol. 1.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What I found interesting is that according to the article, the set has over 8 hours of material. So it's likely that we'll see more episodes and/or a wider array of bonus material than in Vol. 1.
I didn't catch that. If it is six episodes (I doubt it would be seven or eight episodes), I wonder how it will be decided which season should have more featured episodes. If it's the season premiers, then there would be one episode that we won't know is included until the first review comes out.

I wonder which other episode it would be. it would be great if it was episode 847, with Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch. That episode was only shown once (twice, depending on which PBS stations showed Sesame Street twice a day), and would be a good treat. It would also be great if the epsiode where Big Bird hosted a number four show is included. Or if one of the episodes with C3PO and R2D2 is included. Or Olivia's debut episode. I recently read about an epsidoe with the description "Mr. Hooper sells Hooper's Store". It would be great to see how that epsiode ends (the Muppet Wiki page doesn't say why he sold the store, or what made him buy it back, and obviously the papers from the CTW Archives don't mention it, because otherwise it would have been mentioned on Muppet Wiki's page).

Or maybe it will be three hours of bonus material. I think that A Walking Tour of Sesame Street should be included, since it celebrated the shows tenth anniversary, and this set will focus on the last five of the first ten years. Then again, I think that special's as long as the pitch tape seen in the first set. Maybe it will be one of the test pilots. Or maybe This Way to Sesame Street will be included, and/ or the original version of the pitch tape (there are two different edits). Or maybe a rare 1970s Sesame Street special will be included, like Out to Lunch, Sesame Street at Night? or The Jean Marsh Cartoon Special (or Julie on Sesame Street or A Special Sesame Street Christmas).

Or maybe it will be all-new interview footage. Or perhaps there will be twice as many bonus segments. I hope that more info is posted soon (it was around this time last year when we first saw cover art and it was announced what the bonus features would be).

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Or maybe it will be three hours of bonus material. I think that A Walking Tour of Sesame Street should be included, since it celebrated the shows tenth anniversary, and this set will focus on the last five of the first ten years. Then again, I think that special's as long as the pitch tape seen in the first set. Maybe it will be one of the test pilots. Or maybe This Way to Sesame Street will be included, and/ or the original version of the pitch tape (there are two different edits). Or maybe a rare 1970s Sesame Street special will be included, like Out to Lunch, Sesame Street at Night? or The Jean Marsh Cartoon Special (or Julie on Sesame Street or A Special Sesame Street Christmas).
I'd love to see A Walking Tour of Sesame Street on this set, but I doubt anything pre-1974 would be on volume 2. They probably want to focus on '74-'79 exclusively with this set. And I don't think Sesame Workshop owns the rights to Julie on Sesame Street or A Special Sesame Street Christmas, but don't quote me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.