How do I get a job as a Muppeteer?

Marky

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
To paraphrase Brad Bird, puppetry is an artform, not a genre. :smile:
By genre I meant 'adult-oriented-humor-puppet-type-show".

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I know, but some people do think of it as a genre rather than a unique art form.

Marky

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I know, but some people do think of it as a genre rather than a unique art form.
Well, they're obviously not puppeteers!

:wink:

Brownie

Reaction score
I am a designer/builder of several kinds of puppets. I wish to hook-up with people working in the craft. I also have the facility to build stages and and other production needs and puppets. Thump Thump, .....anyone out there? Tens years as a Theatre Technical Director, master carpenter, properties designer/builder, etc. .....

Lots of stuff on my web-site browns-custom.com.

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
It's sad how few get into Hollywood the old fashioned way, by skill. Now it seems it's all bribery and nepotism, just like ivy league colleges.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Forgive me, but when was Hollywood not about money and nepotism?

spcglider

Reaction score
To get back to my point from earlier: You don't need to rely on Hollywood any more.

Look at the buzz generated by goofy crud on You Tube and several other video websites. If one was generating truly unique and entertaining stuff, it wouldnt be long until Hollywood came to YOU.

I know that's hard to do. In more ways than one. And it takes much more than simply plopping your vids on You Tube to catch people's attention. But really... can it be ANY harder than trying to sell your pitch to Hollywood when Hollywood isn't listening?

So I say to you again... make your own way. That's what I'm trying to do.

If I go out there and prove that I can do that sort of thing, who knows? Maybe it'll be The Muppets knocking on MY door.

-Gordon