You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This reminds me of how I was into Pokemon in fifth grade, which is associated with boys
I never got the impression that Pokemon was a mostly boys franchise, considering you've got Affirmative Action Girl characters like Misty, Jesse, Officer Jenny, etc. Not to mention, I've known plenty of girls who were into Pokemon, and some even still into it to this day.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I understand if most of the Muppeteers want to stay mostly private, but I really wish there were more interviews with them. Caroll, Frank, and Jim have had a fair amount, and now that the documentary has come out, Dave and Fran. But, if I want to find stuff for any of the other guys, there's very little to nothing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I already know what the answer to this is: "double standard," but I'm just going to throw this out there anyway.

Since the 1960s, it's been established by society that blue is the color for boyhood, and pink is the color for girlhood (prior to that, the colors were actually reversed). As such, because pink is a girl color, boys can't wear or have anything that's pink, otherwise, it becomes the color of homosexuality, and any boy or man who's seen with something pink is somehow automatically gay. So, if that's the case, how and why is it that the same thing isn't true for when girls wear or have anything that's blue? How is it that if a girl wears blue, that somehow doesn't automatically make her a lesbian like guys wearing pink automatically means they're gay?
I actually have several pink dress shirts ( goes great with my navy blue or black suit).My wife has several blue dresses. Nobody bats an eye.
Iron Chef Bobby Flay got an Easy Bake oven when he was little. The ultimate girlie toy.
But he became a major force in what is now a male-dominated industry. There are plenty of outstanding female chefs as well, who are tough as nails to survive the rigors of running a restaurant (let alone a chain with your name on it).
But even with me growing up, entertaining the idea of cooking for a living seemed so far removed from anything manly.
6-year-old boys don't learn how to cook. You're supposed to be out playing baseball, football, and beating the crap out of each other.
Funny how it all turned out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it it's always the most annoying pop songs that always end up being so popular and keep coming back in cycles? Like how after "Call Me Maybe"'s popularity finally tapered off, it came back a couple of years ago and was on the radio all the time again. Or now, it's "Cheap Thrills" - that song's already a couple of years old, and it's on the radio like 2-3 times a day again all of the sudden. Thankfully none of Taylor S#!t's songs seem to be popular right now, but I keep getting the itching feeling that either one of Meghan Trainor's old shames ("All About That Bass" or "Lips Are Movin'") will make a comeback soon.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Duke Remington has never come back ever since we told him off on the "Steve Whitmire Has Left...yadda-yadda-yadda" thread? Maybe he finally learned his lesson about harrassing people for having different opinions. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Duke Remington has never come back ever since we told him off on the "Steve Whitmire Has Left...yadda-yadda-yadda" thread? Maybe he finally learned his lesson about harrassing people for having different opinions. :wink:
Or that Censored hasn't been back since the last political thread got deleted by the mods.
Oh, you jinxed it. He'll come back within the next week. :wink:
Oh, darn it all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Or that Censored hasn't been back since the last political thread got deleted by the mods.
Oh, darn it all.

I'm such a cock lol.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All this talk of adult humor and such has made me realize something: "adult" humor is strangely very immature and childish, while "kid" humor can be a lot more sophisticated and mature. I mean, think about it: what do you often see in adult humor? Fart jokes, body part injuries, bathroom humor, people acting like doofuses (or doofi?) . . . stuff that's often said to appeal to kids because of how lowbrow and unintelligent it is. Now think about this: what do you often see in kid humor? Characters engaging in punny word play, (dated) pop culture references, double entrendres and innuendos . . . stuff that actually goes right over their heads. Maybe we should reconsider what we classify as "adult" and what we classify as "kiddy" stuff.