You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We kind of touched on this before, but the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie did a really similar plot device as the two Brady Bunch movies, in that Rocky and Bullwinkle were clearly stuck in their ways from the 60s and had trouble fitting into the "real world" of the modern-day 2000s.

Now, at least with Rocky and Bullwinkle, we had a logical explanation behind it: they had been stuck in reruns since 1964, and as such, Frostbite Falls - with a few obvious exceptions that satired modern-day corporate development - was basically frozen in that same time period. But what exactly was going on with the Brady Bunch? How, exactly, was it that they didn't change at all from the mid-70s to the mid-90s? Not even age during that time? Are we to believe that the family was somehow caught in some kind of time warp that prevented them from aging in two decades? I mean surely between the time of the original series and those movies, the Brady kids would have been grown-up, out of the house, raising their own families, while Mike and Carol would have been advanced in their years as well, and Alice would have been ancient by then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit, removing my extreme distaste for the Brady Bunch, I think Rocky and Bullwinkle (minus that freaking female audience surrogate Mary Sue character) did the concept a little better (at least the self deprecating humor was always present in the cartoons), but managed to make a gaping hole in the logic as well. The whole bit about how Rocky and Bullwinkle are a cartoon, yet elements of their cartoon somehow managed to be in the "real life" fiction, and somehow that weird Bill signed in the real world worked in the cartoon. And Pottsylvania is treated like it was a real country, except when it isn't. So really, is it a cartoon or not in that movie? That's pretty confusing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice almost all animated shows seem to start out with very pale and flat colors in their season or two, then after that the colors become much more bold, bright, and prominent? I'm guessing by then their budgets probably improve, allowing them to afford better paints and such.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If this isn't one of the most conceited, self-pitiful articles I've ever read:

http://www.yahoo.com/parenting/having-a-baby-ruined-my-bikini-body-116668948347.html

Really lady? You have three kids, and you're whining that you can never wear a bikini again? Did you not think that your body wasn't going to change after having your first kid? Havin' babies is no joke, lady, they play for keeps. If you're so concerned about your hot bikini bod, maybe you should have looked into birth control before you did anything you ended up regretting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not so much a rant, so I'm going to put it here...

So, Nickelodeon somehow decided it was the late 90's and started pushing the heck out of the Olsen Twins and decade old programs/movies with them. Absolutely no coincidence to the announcement of the Full House Netflix series. Now, they run Full House on Nick at Nite and have been, but now they're really hammering it home in the marketing department and airing their lackluster, can't remember where it aired (guessing Fox Family) sitcom no one remembers.

Uh... yeah. The Olsens stopped being 7-12 year old girls' favorite celebrities a decade and a half ago at best. No doubt this is ONLY to promote that series that hasn't even been in production yet, but really?!?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This may sound like a heckle, but I have to say that I'm a little surprised that despite being a celebrity and Dr. Oz's daughter that Daphne Oz seems to losing her baby fat rather slowly; it seems like most celebrities like her have a bikini body just two weeks after giving birth anymore.
Okay, I'll take my foot out of my mouth; apparently all this time, Daphne Oz's been pregnant again, already.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, Nickelodeon somehow decided it was the late 90's and started pushing the heck out of the Olsen Twins and decade old programs/movies with them. Absolutely no coincidence to the announcement of the Full House Netflix series. Now, they run Full House on Nick at Nite and have been, but now they're really hammering it home in the marketing department and airing their lackluster, can't remember where it aired (guessing Fox Family) sitcom no one remembers.
What if Nick at Nite started showing a lot more sitcoms with as much of the Full House cast as possible? Like that one show Bob Saget starred in (was there only one?), or Hudson Street (a short-lived sitcom with Lori Loughan which premiered the season after FH ended)? Better yet, they could be airing the Bob Saget-era America's Funniest Home Videos (it seems the episodes with the current host are the only ones in reruns these days*) or America's Funniest People? Or something else with John Stamos.

*I don't really watch America's Funniest Home Videos often, so I don't really know that they don't show the Bob Saget ones in reruns, nor do I know whether the ones between Saget and Tom Bergstorm are shown (though I've read that those are considered an old shame).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*I don't really watch America's Funniest Home Videos often, so I don't really know that they don't show the Bob Saget ones in reruns, nor do I know whether the ones between Saget and Tom Bergstorm are shown (though I've read that those are considered an old shame).
The Bob Saget episodes are rarely -if ever- seen in reruns today, however, they have been mercifully phasing out the Daisy Fuentes and that other guy episodes.

But what I hate (and I know, I know, I'm going into my same old rant again) is how they've been cropping and squishing the show in reruns lately. Seriously, WGN crops Tom's hosting segments into 16:9, then they stretch the actual home video clips, then they put the end titles into pillar boxes . . . it's very disorienting and annoying, and it brings to mind my same unanswered question: back in the day when color television was becoming mandatory, they didn't suddenly go back and start coloring black-and-white shows - so why do they have to go back and crop/squish/stretch 4:3 shows?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
back in the day when color television was becoming mandatory, they didn't suddenly go back and start coloring black-and-white shows - so why do they have to go back and crop/squish/stretch 4:3 shows?
Well it probably wasn't easy back then to colorize live-action programming back then (and even after computer colorizing was possible, there's hardly any black and white shows with colorized episodes), but with today's technology it's probably easier to change full frame to widescreen or whatever.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well it probably wasn't easy back then to colorize live-action programming back then (and even after computer colorizing was possible, there's hardly any black and white shows with colorized episodes), but with today's technology it's probably easier to change full frame to widescreen or whatever.
It was only Ted Turner who was real crazy about colorizing stuff, and only then with the movies he owned.