Zoot Variant Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I guess that makes me the bitter guy.

I STILL don't have a Zoot. Zooter got one before me and he only just started collecting! :cry:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah but some people are more shameless than others in the way they get things. Just hold on dude, you'll get yourself a Zoot when they do a re-release. It would really surprise me if they don't.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think the only reason they wouldn't would be if the line ends early. But, I must say, Palisades has missed a few opportunities to release another Zoot. Series 9 for example. The new CC kit would have been a good place as well. Another Zoot instead of this Animal 2 crap. There are other places to put a Zoot if they really wanted to and I think they are waiting too long. Even now Ken is really trying to pack characters like Robin in with other figures just to make sure they get made.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
As someone who is ALSO missing an Electric Mayhem Playset, I'm definitely getting an Animal 2. Yeah, sucks for completists, but for those of us who just want at least 1 of every figure, it's cool! :smile: Only gonna get the CP one though.

As for a Zoot re-issue, that'd be cool to have to open, but I still GOTTA have an original release Zoot in my collection.

I'm still waitin for a Benjamina figure... :sympathy: So yeah, I agree that they should really concentrate on as-yet unreleased figures.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh yeah, something I've been thinking about for a while now I'd like to share with you all.

I know that most Muppet fans frequent Muppet Central, the Palisades Forum, and Tough Pigs. What if everybody who doesn't have certain figures *cough* ZOOT *cough* all got together and took turns bidding on these figures on eBay! Or at least not bid against each other. There'd be WAY less bids, so we'd all get our own Zoot for a more fair price, and I'd be, er... WE'D ALL be happy!

I just can't see spending money (money I don't have in the first place) like that on one figure, y'know?

Luke

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
I know that most Muppet fans frequent Muppet Central, the Palisades Forum, and Tough Pigs. What if everybody who doesn't have certain figures *cough* ZOOT *cough* all got together and took turns bidding on these figures on eBay! Or at least not bid against each other. There'd be WAY less bids, so we'd all get our own Zoot for a more fair price, and I'd be, er... WE'D ALL be happy!
Except scalpers would jump in and buy em all up at the last minute cheap! If you want an ORIGINAL Zoot then fair enough, you gotsta pay the monies really. I think a lot of people would just settle for the re-release. At least it does go to show that there will always be people who want the originals.

I agree (Wiggy) about Palisades missing some opportunities to have re-released Zoot. I figure they are probably saving him as something for Palisades Direct next year. Even if the line ends at retail it looks like they will carry on there. Although Ken said it wouldn't be like it is now with waves of figures, i guess just a few timed releases here and there like the minis, and probably less original sculpts.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
I still don't understand the beef against the person selling. WHY be angry at them? They are not the ones in control of the final price. This you have to agree with, regardless of your stance in this argument. It's the people that want the item that is bringing the price up. **** if there's anyone to be mad at, make it palisades. They're the ones that made such a short supply of them and are the ones, as WiGgY has said, who have not made him available again. I have someone that has bid on my Zoot at the starting price. Am I still a jerk? If the auction ended now I would have lost $30 on the figure and someone else would have got a heck of a deal compared to what's out there.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
homerthegreat said:
If you really want it, buy it. 'Nuff said.
Ah, to be 13 years old with no money woes and have your parents buy all your stuff...

:wink:

PiggyPerson

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
They are not the ones in control of the final price.

Its not the final price its the huge starting bid.

CyberSteak said:
**** if there's anyone to be mad at, make it palisades. They're the ones that made such a short supply of them and are the ones, as WiGgY has said, who have not made him available again.
You have no right to blame Palisades. If it wasn't for them you wouldn't have a Zoot to sell.

CyberSteak said:
Am I still a jerk?
You sound even more jerk-like then before! :boo: :boo: :boo:

Status
Not open for further replies.