Zoot Replica Help

Fronkenstien

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm currently planning out a replica of Zoot for a project at school. I making him out of antipill fleece, felt clothes (his costume is for a circus murder mystery play), feather fringe hair, and probably fill his head and arms with poly-fil. I'm on a budget, and I cannot for the life of me find foam around here. But I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to go about building the head. I was wondering how to fill it and attach his head and arms.

Goochman

Reaction score
is there a Joann's Fabric anywhere near you?

Fronkenstien

Reaction score
Keep in mind that I had no idea what I was doing. Don't judge. I want to be on the Muppets but I know I'm definitely not going to be a builder because this is hideous. He is wearing a costume I designed for a play in my Drama class, which is why I made him in the first place. He's made out of sky blue antipill fleece for the skin, green felt for the nose (yes, I'm aware it doesn't match the real Zoot's nose. I had to redo it several times.), turquoise marabou feather boa strips for the hair, and his body is hot glued on to his head. His whole body is hot glued together because our sewing machine could not handle the fleece. His head is stuffed with polyfil and the mouth plate is made out of poster board and stick-it black felt. Arm rods are just wire hangers.