Youtuber taking others puppet work and claiming as own

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nyah! Deviant for one week, lol.

This guy's like a pesky tenant: just when you think you've gotten rid of him, he returns. :stick_out_tongue:

I am SO glad this guy hasn't paid any attention to me yet, course I'm not as well-known as other puppeteers out there, so that may be a blessing in disguise... even though I was contact on YouTube once if I built puppets for sale, not sure if it was the same guy or not, but I told him all puppets are built for productions, not for sale.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Why'd he glom onto me, then? I'm not exactly a famous puppeteer myself. I've just built some Fraggles.

On Facebook he suggested I like "The Moppetz Show." Its description: "It is a vairty show with speical guest stars and parodys from tv shows and movies and songs" Uh...yeah.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
might have been him, he always starts asking by if they are for sale then asks if you do them for free

i am talking to Terry Angus now i guess he contacted him

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll agree with the sentiments that this guys is, indeed, a con man, who is a dreamer who wants other people to make his "dreams" come true, and for nothing whatsoever.

I mean heck, I'm a dreamer too, but even I am smart enough to know that this stuff actually costs money, and LOTS of money at that... I even once asked Jarrod to give me an idea of how much stuff like this can cost, and he told me that he usually charges $1,000 per puppet for a production.

It WOULD be nice if stuff like this required no money, but that would only exist in a fantasy world.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
This guy just contacted me. He is now going by the name Craig Yopp. I think he may have developmental disabilities. His email is yopp.craig@yahoo.com. The Puppeterz name is now "The Moppetez." How original! hahahahahaha

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Ooh i wish i had found this thread before!!
A few days ago i was comtacted by "Elena Brooks" via youtube.

"She" asked if i could build some puppets for her movie project.. I engagen in conversation and requested some sketches.. And she sent the same 2 drawings!

I am based in the UK so i declined to help as it would cost her to much in shipping!... I did however recomend James Kemp to her... I will contact him and warn him!

She has many many vids on youtube... Search her name!.. Then come back with your thoughts!
poor James haha!

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Haha.. I to have had 2 emails from him-(cut and pasted as follows...)

hi is it possible if u could help me make some characters for my films i am trying to do a kickstarter i need my stars for the film so i can raise money to pay you for doing this it my dream to be a puppeteer i really wanna do this please let me know thanks

hi can you build us some character for our film The Mooptez it will mean the world to us you will get full copyrights of the film and the characters merchandise when the film come out and we planing to do a soundtrack also with them we will sell it on itunes that will also make money too and make posters for the film please will u help us build them ?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, this guy has come back with avengence this time, hasn't he?

But Ryan, you do have a point, I believe other people have suggested that he may have some "issues", which if he really does, that MAY make sense regarding his behavior.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
This guy just contacted me. He is now going by the name Craig Yopp. I think he may have developmental disabilities. His email is yopp.craig@yahoo.com. The Puppeterz name is now "The Moppetez." How original! hahahahahaha
But Ryan, you do have a point, I believe other people have suggested that he may have some "issues", which if he really does, that MAY make sense regarding his behavior.

for those that remember when this first started almost 2 years ago now, i did at one point end up talking to his family and they said he does have some sort of developmental problems...however there is a point which i have to call "cow ploppies" and wonder...this kid has been doing this for a while, under different names using different pictures yet always the same idea

he knows what he is doing and sadly sometimes people fall for it...i dont know of anyone who officially built him puppets or costumes or iron man suits yet, but i know of a few who did logos, puppet sketches and skits

i could be wrong and i hope i am, but even still developmental problems are no excuse and his family is aware of what he is doing as they confirmed to me he tells them

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember that now that you brought it up, thanks for reminding us, Julio.

Yes, somebody needs to be the adult in this situation and step in to tell him that what he's doing isn't right, and that he needs to cut it out. Yeah, his intentions may be "innocent", but they certainly don't come across so.