YouTube law fight 'threatens net'

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! Let's be thankful it's the only popular cartoon around anymore with Garbage like Hannah Montana causing these networks to create uninspired knockoffs.

Case in point, Viacrap's Naked Brothers Band. I had the misfortune of listening to one of their songs. It was about Banana Smoothies, and it sounded like preschooler music. As I restate, THIS is why there's virtually no animation jobs out there?

I hate you, Viacom. And Disney to a lesser extent.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
They are basically biding their time till they buy up the internet and make it just as worthless as all their other media.
:embarrassed:

Somehow, I can just see that happening before our eyes...

Could you imagine if a corporation DID buy out ALL the Internet? I don't just mean buying out YouTube or Napster, but actually having an incredibly powerful reign of control over all the site-creating services (like FreeWebs) and being able to fully filter out/censor/destroy what they like on OUR own webpages...

It would be truly a revolutionary change for the worse. The inevitable removal of the common fansite (due to 'copyright concerns') would be nothing more than a cruel reminder of one of humanity's greatest follies: to let the corporations FULLY and TOTALLY rule over all means of expression on the Internet.

Call it sensationalism or alarmism, but I honestly feel something might happen like it someday. And we'll all be sitting here, leafing through page through page of websites that once were a viable means of expression of the love we held for the shows we feel a deep respect and admiration for. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
:embarrassed:

Somehow, I can just see that happening before our eyes...

Could you imagine if a corporation DID buy out ALL the Internet? I don't just mean buying out YouTube or Napster, but actually having an incredibly powerful reign of control over all the site-creating services (like FreeWebs) and being able to fully filter out/censor/destroy what they like on OUR own webpages...

It would be truly a revolutionary change for the worse. The inevitable removal of the common fansite (due to 'copyright concerns') would be nothing more than a cruel reminder of one of humanity's greatest follies: to let the corporations FULLY and TOTALLY rule over all means of expression on the Internet.

Call it sensationalism or alarmism, but I honestly feel something might happen like it someday. And we'll all be sitting here, leafing through page through page of websites that once were a viable means of expression of the love we held for the shows we feel a deep respect and admiration for. :frown:
They are and they will. unless hackers come up with something new and better. That's what ending net neutrality will be a precursor to. They want to control all media so they can get every penny possible, wheter they deserve it or not.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So it's more of a struggle to enjoy true quality entertainment. I'd rather have it be a character building struggle, than something easy that I take for granted. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So it's more of a struggle to enjoy true quality entertainment. I'd rather have it be a character building struggle, than something easy that I take for granted. :wink:
I'd rather have a struggle where the big guys lose and lose big time myself. They already made this class system that stops up and comers from being famous (there are a few that leak through the system, but I think Matt and Trey are the last really talented students that came through).

Scarey thing is, these guys have no qualms about stealing Youtube videos (the amature ones) and using it in their lousy movies (Of course you've seen the horrible Meet the Spartans trailer that used that unfunny "Leave Brittney Alone video for no apparent reason), or their crappy commercials.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I ALMOST want to close down my YouTube account. Unfortunately, WordPress (the arrogant turds they are) can't be bothered to let you insert EMBED CODES from video hosting sites you'd rather use. I've half a mind to write an email to them and ask whether or not embed codes could be used! I'm certainly not going to use YT, but unfortunately, since I'm a Mac user, my hand is somewhat forced.

BJ

Redsonga

Reaction score
Fan videos (on youtube, using clips from the shows) and fan sites are the heart and soul of a fandom on the internet. If they go after them and shut down all of the major fan fiction sites next, I can just see a deep dark underground of fandom starting:eek:..and not in the good 'before the internet' way ether...but they are just asking for a big rebellion someday...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I thought the last time Lucas got snippy with fanfiction writers ... he had to back down from a massive flamewar :big_grin:. I mean, look at him now ... participating and encouraging those Atomfilms contests.