YouTube law fight 'threatens net'

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Thats scary, thats even more scary because i just got a users acount, they can see what videos i've been watching? as sam the eagle would say, thats unpatriotic.
what makes me mad about the copyright thing also is when a show clip gets taken off, but theres thousands of clips from the same show still up:mad: it makes no sence.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's so scary is makes me want to close my account altogether!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Too bad Viacom doesn't have one.
That is so true. high-5 for that one.
technicaly it seems EVERYTHING on youtube is copyrighted in some way. like i said, this makes no sence whatsoever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really believe that in the long run that this is a battle they can not win no matter how hard they try to fight it. That will try to fight it forever, but they will never win. There is just no way to take total control over the Internet. Their deep pockets will just keep them trying to fight it forever, but the inter web it too big and vast for them to beat.
It's a battle they might NOT win, but if they decide to sue everyone under the sun for even watching the videos, it's a battle EVERYONE will lose.

Maybe if these companies come up with GOOD ideas for television shows, it wouldn't be an issue. Sure, they can tread up stuff like Spongebob and South park... but for every buck they lose for having it "illegally" on the internet they get back for selling DVD's and people legally watching them. It's the UNPOPULAR stuff that's the problem. Otherwise, they'd actually go after people making profits off of selling their illegal video tapes and DVD's online. I laugh uncontrollably at the giant loophole in the copyright system that punnishes people using characters not for profit, while they seem to be all thumbs when it comes to handelling people who SELL pirated crap.

And yes... the internet CAN be controlled once the telecoms buy it up. Why do you think they're making a big deal about the net anyway? TV has become a wasteland of reality shows no one likes. These people don't care about the creative people they try to use to play off sympathies. if they did, they wouldn't have let the writers or actors go on strike,

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I used to think Viacom was just about the biggest conglomerates on the face on this planet, but then just about every copyrighted video I'd watch on YouTube would be taken down by Warner Brothers, whether they actually owned the show legally or not, that's what led me to believe they were te biggest conglomerates.

Now THIS! I'm starting to go back to think Viacom's the biggest conglomerate now!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's a battle they might NOT win, but if they decide to sue everyone under the sun for even watching the videos, it's a battle EVERYONE will lose.
It's just that I've noticed a pattern over the years that for every one site they try to take down, ten thousand new ones pops up. But it's like somebody is always one step ahead of somebody else here. They are just making an example out one of the biggest ones so it will cut down momentum for a while, but a new one always rises up. It's like the whole Napster thing. You can shut down a larges site, but in no way did they put a complete stop to file sharing or downloading music, Even though music is different; because you are not simply watching it but nabbing it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Who knows, maybe Viacom is watching us right know. :shifty:

MrsPepper

Reaction score