Your Thoughts: Toy Story 4 *Contains Spoilers*

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Speaking of a potential spinoff with the "newer" characters if that's the direction they go in...

There's the commercial for the TS4 tiein McDonald's Happy Meal promotion with Woody giving a commencement-type speech. Bo asks who he's talking to and Buzz replies that they're the new recruits. And that makes me instantly quip in my own headcannon thoughts, "Small Fry: The Next Class!" and I hum the signature Police Academy tune.
:laugh: :fanatic: :zany:
That's great! :laugh:

Reaction score
While I think they should have left it as a trilogy, I rather enjoyed this one and was not expecting the emotional upheaval the ending gave me. Cried a lot, not gonna lie.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Movies have gotten pretty predictable so I don't bother going to theaters, but I do spoil the endings for myself online and see enough clips to get the basic idea of a movie.
I can't talk because after you mentioned that I did actually go on YouTube and watch the ending. :laugh:

fragglevision

Reaction score
The ending wasn't as gutwrenching as everyone hyped it up to be but it did touch my heart. Ralph Breaks the Internet did a better job at delivering a gut punch with its ending, mostly cause I relate SO strongly to Ralph and Vanellope.
The decision to have Don Rickles posthumously appear via archive recordings felt kind of like Potato Head was in an eerie state of half-existence.
I liked how Gabby was the villain but not really.
And also wish the Key and Peele stuffed animals and Forky got more screentime. Honestly, I read in a Discord server that Forky is one of the most relatable characters in animated film; he calls himself trash and wants to die. Millennials amirite?
Also, Waze if you're reading this, please make Kristen Schaal an option for GPS voices in the future.
Anyway, TS3 was the perfect ending to the trilogy and nothing can change my mind. But TS4 was a decent epilogue.
Not much else to say but do feel like linking this here:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
This. Movie. Broke. Me.

i didn't even cry during the actual movie, it all hit me after and i was not prepared for it ****

overall, a fantastic movie and i was pleasantly surprised about how good it was. also the animation is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw it a few days ago. I've already checked out the spoilers long before the movie came out, looking in the storybooks in the stores as soon as I saw them (though I felt they were intentionally leaving something out with the ending*.... and now I'm not sure how true that is, though the books don't make the ending seem so emotional), and I looked at spoilers on wikipedia and TV Tropes.

There are some toys we don't see in the trailers, I wonder how long until they start making toys of those characters (like the ones in Bonnie's closet).

I was expecting the ending to take place during the day, as opposed to night. Though I guess it does look better at night than it would have during the day.

I can't decide if it would have been better for the movie to have had a little scene or two, after the opening montage, of Bonnie playing with Woody or mentioning him. I guess it works for the ending, where she wouldn't notice him missing. It's amazing he went on the trip - I wonder if she intentionally brought him or if he just snuck his way on the trip.

It's a shame that Bunny and Ducky don't seem to get owners by the end. Seems like they just decide to join the lost toys.

I wonder if the dummies should have been able to talk. Seems they don't talk at all because they're dummies, but Gabby Gabby can still talk despite the fact that her voice box doesn't work.

*I looked at the end of some of the books and saw that they say Woody and Bo Peep look to help lost toys together, but I don't think they specifically mention Woody leaving Bonnie and the other toys behind. Kids reading the books first might not grasp that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So when this was first announced, I was pretty skeptical on it, just as many fans were. I had already thought the franchise ended fine with Andy heading off for college and the toys being left at a new home.

With that being said, I still gave this movie a shot and.... was pretty impressed! Loved that fair throughout the movie as well as that antique shop. Those dummies, however, were just creepy.... :eek:

Needless to say, it was sad to see Woody depart with the toys, but I understand his decision why, to stay with Peep and given that Bonnie never had much interest in him to begin with.

But at this point, I hope Pixar just leaves the franchise alone far as movies go. A Toy Story 5 is just milking it to death by that point.