• I haven't decided yet

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I'm still buying the set

Votes: 100 87.7%

• Total voters
P

Philip Kippel

Oliver said:
Did they cut Kermit's entire line and if so, is it just the audio missing or the video too; did they just cut out the short few second sequence and fade out earlier? Or is it just the word "he11" that's been cut and if so, they should have just dubbed in Kermit's voice from a classic SS episode where he says "what the hey..."?
It was all cut out...not because of the word, but because of the CBS logo that appears behind Kermit in that scene...and Disney couldn't get permission to use the CBS logo.

And considering the fact that Disney owns ABC and that CBS is a rival network...you get the idea.

Oliver

Reaction score
Btw, does Disney plan to put out future limited runs of these seasons in "fuzzy" packaging or was that just a first season exclusive to hype up the release?

Im wondering if I shouldnt just opt for the normal boxes for consistency if they dont plan on continuing the trend...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, it is I your very own Beauregard with a reveiw of the TMS Season Sets!

The box I recieved from Amazon was fuzzy, and very, very stylish. The art was...well...the flat head poser Kermit, so I wasn't happy with it, still...never mind that.

So far I have seen three episodes, and I was very happy with them. They are very funny, though, I must say that I am suprised by the hard-core fans revelsion of the newer Muppet stuff becuase of sexual content. That content in the first season is great, I must say. It surprised me. However, i will bring this up in another topic.

SO far it has all been great!

Bea:zany:{Pops in DVD for some more}regard

Squigiman

Reaction score
As is a classic truth in comedy and pizza, "It's all in the delivery". A lot of the stuff in the more modern productions is in poor taste and comes off as crude, and just there for a cheap laugh, dumbing it down. The stuff of this classic material is more that would go over children's heads, as opposed to looking to get a giggle from them at the lackluster silliness from the likes of a certain prawn.

-Squigiman

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I just watched two more episodes, both with muppet morsels on and both episodes that I had already seen.

*Joel Grey: I think that the guets star scene in the opening was odd (two different clips from the show and the music from those sketches shown).
IMO seeing and especially hearing clips from both songs gives away too much.

And in response to Squigiman's above post, I couldn't agree more.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Btw, does Disney plan to put out future limited runs of these seasons in "fuzzy" packaging or was that just a first season exclusive to hype up the release?

Im wondering if I shouldnt just opt for the normal boxes for consistency if they dont plan on continuing the trend...
I don't know either... but I can already picture Season Two being orange and fuzzy with Fozzie's polka dot tie. But I have a hard time picturing what other fuzzy covers would look like (i.e. Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf, etc.), since most other characters wore clothes.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

McFraggle

Reaction score
I bought my set last night. While it would be perfect if there hadn't been any edits, I must say that I am very pleased with the set. :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
An idea for future covers:

S2- Pink and fuzzy, with Piggy's string of pearls
S3- Brown and fuzzy, with Fozzie's polka-dot tie
S4- Red and fuzzy, with Floyd's jacket on the corners
S5- Darker brown and fuzzy, with Rizzo's jacket on the corners