Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

• The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets DVD

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh yeah it was...I remember watching interviews when they were promoting it over there. Man that sucks I barely got through the March release. Lol!

John Pannozzi

Reaction score
Is the "Inside Walter's Trailer" feature available on the iTunes version of the digital copy or the Windows Media version or both?

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I haven't been here for a bit so I hope I'm not bumping (I think I got the meaning of that term right :embarrassed:) , but after getting the Blu-ray a few months ago, I've been wanting to get some things off my chest on how I feel about it. I don't mean this to sound negative - and I hope that's not how I come across - but I can't help but feel that this release is something of a wasted opportunity and a disappointment (the horrible photoshop job on the blu-ray cover is one thing that comes to mind).

The commentary is particularly disappointing - considering how passionate Jason Segel and Nick Stoller were about this movie and bringing the Muppets back, I was expecting a more informative track. Perhaps a more in-depth talk about the writing process and trying to get the movie made. But instead, they're mostly telling jokes with James Bobin and quite a few times not really talking about the movie. Why there couldn't have been a commentary track with the Muppet Performers, I'll never know. I personally think it's long overdue.

And while we're talking about these wonderful, talented people who really bring these favourite characters of ours to life, I am upset that they don't get interviewed or make a single appearance in any of the extras. That to me is a disrespect and under-appreciation of their work. They are the most important part of all this and really in a lot of ways, the stars (even though we don't see them). This was also a really important movie for the Muppets (bringing them back, their first movie in 12 years, etc) and I don't see why we couldn't have had a long/in-depth documentary on all this.

I don't mean to perhaps sound like a fan boy expecting too much, but considering we've had extras like this on DVD and Blu-ray releases for other Movies or TV Shows, I don't see why the Muppets DVD/Blu-ray releases can't have that kind of treatment too.

catherine

Reaction score
i've watched my muppets movie twice, really need to get back into it as I haven't been on here in a while due to the oylmpics.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Rented it from a redbox for my brother to watch (I already saw it in the theater)
Kinda bugs me that they don't include the bonus features on the rental disc. They're just trying to make you spend more money...