Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

• The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets DVD

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i know right and my best buy order might not be here til wensday :frown:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
11:22 PM and alls well! Lol!
11:20 and all is well! Except that Maid Marian has been kidnapped, the sheriff's up to no good, that dog is stealing the cheese, Kermit's mad at Piggy, and it's really only 4:30. :news:

Also, I posted this lovely little butchering of a classic lyric on Facebook tonight, and figured it would be appreciated on here too:
"There's magic in the air this evening. Magic in the air.
The world is at her best, you know, when people love and care.
The promise of excitement is one the night will keep.
After all, there's only one more sleep til The Muppets comes out on Blu-Ray and DVD!"

I'm calling it a night so I can get up before class and go acquire my copy!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I got my copy at Walmart at 12:01, I actually helped the lady dig them out of the boxes! Lol! anyways these are some recent thoughts while watching the special features on the Blu-ray.

*************spoiler warnings*************

I liked a lot of the stuff in the in the deleted scenes although I can see why some of that was cut and it didn't work. I loved the extended opening! that was great and at the end of that segment you see why Kermit grabs his bowtie. That end part of Scene was reworked with some different dialog and it was put into the movie but it doesn't make sense because Kermit was Already wearing his bowtie. It's just interesting to see where that came from. I'm disappointed that the whole Gonzo head bowling thing was not included. we don't see Sweetums putting the bowling Pin on Gary's head or gonzo throwing the bowling ball. which we have seen in many trailers and the preview for this DVD/blueray. Didn't care for credit card club,glad that was cut although too bad the punch teacher Extended scene was not on there. it seems like that would've been a little longer. Also Miss Poogy's the oinkerview was not on there. I know we prob saw some footage of it if not all of it on those character interviews posted online well before the movie was released in theaters. Some of that stuff (minus miss poogy) you can see on the Blu-ray itself within the bloopers and scratching the surface features. There's so many deleted scenes that were mentioned before Or that we have Seen clips of in the trailers or heard about. i really hope we can somehow see all this footage one day. Also it's great that we got all the parody trailers but I didn't see any of the actual trailers for the movie on the Blu-ray. Still the movie is great and looks great. I still have yet to listen to the commentary and watch the digital Walters trailer feature. I watched a lot of the intermission stuff and as I thought, a lot of it is stuff we have seen that was used on the Viddy accounts or on YouTube, Or even Muppets.com but it works for that feature and there is new stuff and new dialogue as well . A lot of it! Loved the complete tex Richman song, wish that was part of the movie. It sounds like Chris Cooper is really singing it as opposed to somebody else who sings it on the soundtrack. I would've liked more completed deleted scenes, more of the read through,and the other two actual movie trailers along with the Jason Segel and Kermit video to Amy Adams and Bret McKenzie and kermit the frog going over the lifes a happy song video. And although I haven't heard the commentary to judge for myself, from what i have read about it I too would have hoped to hear more from them about the movie itself. All this just because I just like to have everything all in one place. but it is a wonderful set and and a fantastic movie! It still has a lot to offer.there's a lot of different versions you can buy with different items you can get with it. It's a very fun release for a very fun movie. What a wild muppety year!